Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have finally decided to buy a brand new car: cant decide beteen a civic and a focus. any suggestions? (btw we are talking about british/european cars which are quite diferent from the american ones)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dunno which one; i was planning on a performance car; the only one out there is a type-R; and it reminds me of a hunting wolf;

nothing in the focus range that comes anywhere near it (in performance if not in price)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have just gone on to the ford web site; the specs for the ST 170:

costs more than a type-R and drives like slug;

2 litre engine; 0-62 in 8.2 sec; maxes out at 134; i cant figure out the power and torque as it is in european units; (173 PS and 196 NM)

very difficult to drum up much enthusiasm for such a car!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Fine then, buy the Civic and leave us alone already. Do you really need to have two threads on the same topic, both of which are leaning anti-Focus and pro-Civic?? Yawn.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Yeah we'll see how long you're an "us" - I'd be willing to bet money on the fact that you will eventually settle for the car you obviously wanted in the first place, the Civic Type R. And a U.S.-based forum can't help you much concerning either car, since the European versions are so different from the North American versions - Honda doesn't sell anything close to the Civic Type R here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"a U.S.-based forum can't help you much concerning either car, since the European versions are so different from the North American versions"

that is why i am posting here as this is the european division of the forum

" - Honda doesn't sell anything close to the Civic Type R here."

in facit does: the gorgeous acura RSX and the ugly type-R are in fact sisters in crime; the body is different but the platform, engine, performance, ride, handling and everything else is the same:

this is what "car and driver" has to say about the RSX

"Occasionally, a machine comes along that's so self-confident, so tightly screwed together, and so highly trained for its game that we all just nod our heads and say, "Yup, this is the benchmark." This little Acura is that sports coupe".

"Highs: An engine that screams with pleasure, perfectly precise controls, tasteful execution of every detail, red instrument lighting that really works.

Lows: Way too much cockpit noise on textured roads, engine too whirry-whiny around town, straight-line stability is a bit fuzzy.

The Verdict: A jewel of a car, uncorrupted by froufrou."

the entire review can be read here!

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=2373&page_number=5

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Well, the RSX like cost around $30,000 and the SVTF only costs $18,000.
Doesn't sound like the same car to me unless they jack up the price twice fold for the US.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
black: which thread would u like open because i plan to close one as there is no need of two topics that are the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as i said: honda are making a hell of a lot a money by beautifying the civic and calling it an acura and selling it for a huge dollop of money in the us of a

sadly but truly all cars in ole bilghty cost more than twice as much as they do in the US of A;

i think this thread can be closed as i am british based and would like to hear replies from the brits/europeans as we can discuss the same cars;

the other forum is probably a better place to keep the thread alive as it is the european forum

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry i meant that the thread should remain open here as this is the european forum, while the other is the american forum and the same thread there can be closed.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
blackbeard said:
"a U.S.-based forum can't help you much concerning either car, since the European versions are so different from the North American versions"

that is why i am posting here as this is the european division of the forum
Umm, yeah but you also posted it TWICE, once in the NON-international area, smart guy. So excuse me if I didn't pay notice to which one I was replying. And since in both threads you posted this article about the RSX, are we wrong about you clearly wanting a Honda? Again, just get the damn Civic if the Focus doesn't do it for you, is it really necessary to keep telling us you don't think the Focus cuts it?? This is FocusFanatics, not CivicCrazy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.