Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top 10 June 2011 car sales show Focus moved up to #6.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bringing it

Outstanding! I knew the were always capable of pulling this off. It appears that they (domestic mfrs.) have finally pulled their heads out! [gunfire]

·
Registered
747 Posts
Haha, 79% increase on the elantra. I guess people like it! That was my other choice if I hadn't ordered a focus.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Look at the Camry!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Haha, 79% increase on the elantra. I guess people like it! That was my other choice if I hadn't ordered a focus.
I think I'm right there with you. The Cruze, Corolla and Civic just don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'll bet if Ford did a little more advertising they would sell way more Focuses. I never see any commercials on the 2012 Focus. There is one for the fusion and guess what, that car is selling really well.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'll bet if Ford did a little more advertising they would sell way more Focuses. I never see any commercials on the 2012 Focus. There is one for the fusion and guess what, that car is selling really well.
Yeah, I haven't seen a single commercial myself. Don't know if it because they can't even keep up with the ones on order or what but they made such a big deal when they announced they would be bringing this model to N. America that I am surprised they are not out there telling people.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is my theory about current sales numbers.

1) The Cruze is a new name, new car. People will always check out something new.

2) Focus is an old name associated with an econo box, perhaps not a past segment leader.
Lots of people won't even give it a glance thinking it's just the 2012 version of the same ole same ole.
I only went to look because a co-worker said he read several reviews and checked it out on the lot already.

3) Ford seems to be behind keeping up with current Dealer and individual orders.
Why ask for trouble by advertising and having customers flood the dealers where there is very little inventory.

4) Once the dust settles and the factory is able to increase production, I am
100% sure that our 2012 Focus will be #3 or #4 within just a couple of months. Ahead of the Cruze![thankyou]

·
Registered
683 Posts
Here is my theory about current sales numbers.

1) The Cruze is a new name, new car. People will always check out something new.

2) Focus is an old name associated with an econo box, perhaps not a past segment leader.
Lots of people won't even give it a glance thinking it's just the 2012 version of the same ole same ole.
I only went to look because a co-worker said he read several reviews and checked it out on the lot already.

3) Ford seems to be behind keeping up with current Dealer and individual orders.
Why ask for trouble by advertising and having customers flood the dealers where there is very little inventory.

4) Once the dust settles and the factory is able to increase production, I am
100% sure that our 2012 Focus will be #3 or #4 within just a couple of months. Ahead of the Cruze![thankyou]
Agreed and well said.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I feel the big thing is the Cruze has been on the market for a while now and isn't that far ahead of the 2012 Focus. The Focus has only really been on the lots starting in late Mar./early Apr. Check these stats in the next couple of months. The Focus will be ahead of the Cruze because the Focus is twice the car as the Chevy is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For sure. Cruze had a 6 month head start on the new 2012 Focus. But if current trends continnue, Focus will outsell Cruze within the next month or two. All the automotive magazines have rated the Focus ahead of the Cruze. It's just taking awhile for the American buying public to wake up to that fact.

·
Registered
155 Posts
For sure. Cruze had a 6 month head start on the new 2012 Focus. But if current trends continnue, Focus will outsell Cruze within the next month or two. All the automotive magazines have rated the Focus ahead of the Cruze. It's just taking awhile for the American buying public to wake up to that fact.
That, and dealers finally getting some inventory. Most around me only have 1 or 2. Ford might want to think about bringing a second plant online to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know that I wasn't considering a Focus until I came upon some info on the 2012. I'd had sync envy for a few years and the Focus Ti got my attention.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still very few 12's on the streets of Houston. When we start getting
more and more Foci on the streets, people will notice.

You have your Chevy folks (lots of them) who will not look at Ford. I think
there will be many many Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Mitsushitty, Kia, Hyundie, Isuzu, and Subarubs folks converting soon.

Like PaPa John's Pizza, better ingredients, better car.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I do agree that they can't get them out to lots fast enough, inventory has been very low no sight of Focus in stock since they came out. If that's the case, is that all MAP can supply per month? Is there no chance of overcoming ~22K units/month?

·
Registered
83 Posts
searching cars.com with my zip code and 50 mile radius it shows 50 Foci and 703 cruzes
500 miles chevy cruze = 13456 Focus = 2586

1 - 20 of 46 Posts