Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I am from Brazil, and I am looking for both pre tensioner of the front seats for my ford focus mk2 , 2012. GLX 2.0 duratec.
The car is made in argentina but the car has the same pre tensioner of the uk focus.

The air bag light is on because the pre tensioner was activated.

thank you for your help and good night.

Allan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat, maybe a UK member will see it here.

"Focus Purchasing Center" section is for advice on buying new cars, and gets little traffic by comparison.

·
Registered
17,334 Posts
FYI, here in USA the airbag light stays on even if pretensioners get changed along with airbags, the firing of them writes to airbag module and it then becomes inoperable until they are reflashed clean again. The write holds accident information for the lawyers to argue over in court. The light stays on with EVERYTHING brand new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thank you for the answer.

So a little history about what is happening right now, Ford authorized is charging me:
R$4000,00
L$1300,00
US$ 2000,00

For the 2 seat belt pre tensioners + brand new ECU of the airbag.

The entire car in Brazil is US$ 20000
A brand new focus is about US$ 30000

All of this because a rock in the road that hit bottom of the car...

But unfortunately I cant find these parts outside ford.

1) Can I buy a used clean ECU module ?
2) Can I reset my module ?
3) I will buy the pre tensioner , so my intention is to buy this from ebay UK / US.

There are other people here searching for these parts also, for focus and other models - GM - chrysler.

Even with the import tax rates would be much more cheaper than buying the new one.

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
17,334 Posts
Look around the web, there are people who will reflash clean the modules for much less than Ford new part or reflash. Ebay sells them as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts