Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
this morning on my way to work, i have noticed while driving that my brake light is on, my first thought was faulty hand brake or brake fluid something, but then I noticed the air temperature on the dash is missing showing only --.--. On the next roundabout found out my turn/emergency signals are not working. It turns out the signals do work, however they are not showing on the dash and the sound "tik tok tik tok" is also gone. I didn't find any other issues with the electronics so far. haven't done absolutely anything on the car, except regular service and MOT 6 months ago. I am thinking maybe a fuse ?
The car is Focus 1.8 petrol 2008
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 173k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 194k miles
4,033 Posts
Hi,
this morning on my way to work, i have noticed while driving that my brake light is on, my first thought was faulty hand brake or brake fluid something, but then I noticed the air temperature on the dash is missing showing only --.--. On the next roundabout found out my turn/emergency signals are not working. It turns out the signals do work, however they are not showing on the dash and the sound "tik tok tik tok" is also gone. I didn't find any other issues with the electronics so far. haven't done absolutely anything on the car, except regular service and MOT 6 months ago. I am thinking maybe a fuse ?
The car is Focus 1.8 petrol 2008
Thanks
Check for broken wiring going to the boot. Disconnect the battery first!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, the car is now back to normal. On the way back to work the dash just came back to life on its own. I did reconnect the cables under the glovebox like shown in the video just to be safe. Also noticed the cables were a bit messy over there and had a very tall friend sitting next to me so maybe he kicked something or pulled some cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts