Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So some chump drove into the back of my Focus (hatchback) in the summer at a roundabout. He can't have been going faster than 10 - 15 mph but it shunted my car forward slightly. At the time I thought my car was ok having been protected by the towbar but when I got home the boot was very difficult to open. I took it to a garage and was told there was nothing wrong with it so I left it for a while. But since then it has never quite closed as well as it used to (the boot catches sometimes and doesn't shut properly) and it now rattles horribly over bumpy surfaces. Does anybody know if there is a fix for this?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
You are in the wrong forum section...

this is the mk3 gen. section 2012+ M.Y.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat.

Don't have any particular advice myself, with collision damage you have to look & see what's been moved or broken to determine the repair that will help.

Hatch or sedan info. makes repair different as well.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
X2, easily fixable but you have to go in so many directions depending on the problem there is no way to tell you what to do. Best thing that could be said is look close at what's happening there and work based on that. 500 different things one can do to a deck lid/hatch and attachment there. There will be no one 'fix' there...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts