Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 Focus SOHC that misses & hesitates until it reaches operating temperature. I have replaced DPFE sensor because of a CEL code and the Air Control Valve. Their are no codes now, but now the car misses & hesitates until Op temp is reached then runs fine. That is why I thought it might be the ICV & replaced it. But to no avail. The colder the ambient air is the worse the miss but after it reaches Op Temp again it runs fine. Any Hints
are gratefully appreciated. I know I'll probably fix it if I replace all the sensors but I hope someone has had the same issue & might know the fix.

Thanks,
Raceware[wrenchin]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Checked your Motor mounts and also checked your PCV hose. Ford Focus are known to have those issues. I had the same problems.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Check your plugs. They may be a little grungy and don't fire right until they reach self clean temperature

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still misses

I had changed the plugs first then the DPFE Sensor & then the Idle Air Control Valve. I will check the PVC as suggested. I heard that it could be caused by the Temp Sensor for the ECU anyone know where its located on the engine? I hear there's 2 one for Gauge & one to ECU?

Thanks,
Raceware[?|] [?|]

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have not heard of anything like that..

Check this thread:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28249&highlight=stumble+solved

This thread saved me many many dollars and the hoses are less than $20.00 a piece. My thing is try this and stop wasting too much money. If its not throwing a cell or the engine service soon light is not on. Then get this hoses and I bet your problem will be fixed. I used to do that in my cars where I will start removing sensors and I end up like spending hundres of dollars only to find out that a dumb $1.00 vaccumm hose was the issue. 100% of the time when is a sensor the ECU of the car will throw a cell and then you can see what sensor is failing when no cell is thrown check hoses, air filter, anthing that has to do with sucking in air or delivering air out.

Good luck buddy and I hope you get your issue resolved.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts