Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I am writing this one more time. I have replace list of parts in last six months. Here is my list.

PCV Valve
PCV Hose
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
O2 sensor unpstream
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug wires
DPFE Sensor
Cleaned MAF
Cleaned IAC Valve
Cleaned Throttle Body

I drive 00 SE (SPI). I replaced fuel pump under warranty @70k miles. Now, I have 127k miles. I am just wondering if there is any way to test fuel pressure. I don't want to spend another 80$ for diagnosis.

I am sure someone on this forum can help me out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you could get a fuel pressure gauge and do it yourself, right? I don't know other way to do it.

Not sure man. I love my car. I am struggling to fix this issue from past six months. I live in Michigan, and driving in Winter w/o power is not fun at all.

I replaced DPFE sensor couple of weeks back, and the car responded fine for a week then again started acting up. I have no clue where I should go from here.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
dont you know anyone with an Xcal???

All it takes is an Xacl (1,2 or 3) and a laptop and you can datalog just about anything on the car.

Hell if you know someone with a Predator you can do it right on the predator without a laptop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ummm...it's an SPI. What are you expecting from it??
Did it have more power EARLIER in it's life, or...?
Yes, I bought it used @40k miles. Added 80k miles w/o any power loss. Lately, it's running w/o power. I am not into recing. I know my car is sick, not sure how to get it fixed. It's not fun driving this puppy in stop and go traffic. The car runs fine cruising @65 mph and beyond.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont you know anyone with an Xcal???

All it takes is an Xacl (1,2 or 3) and a laptop and you can datalog just about anything on the car.

Hell if you know someone with a Predator you can do it right on the predator without a laptop.
No. I don't know any one.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Have you checked your Cat, if that is blown apart like mine was it was in chunks at the bottom of the casing, beat all the pieces of the honeycomb out and that fixed my problem and restored like 20+ HP...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you checked your Cat, if that is blown apart like mine was it was in chunks at the bottom of the casing, beat all the pieces of the honeycomb out and that fixed my problem and restored like 20+ HP...
I am going to have it checked. It looks fine from outside. I'll have to pay 70$ to have someone open that damn thing.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Where are you again in michigan avtopi? There are a few of us around the state with xcals. I have one if you are close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts