Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since goinloco locked the other thread and said it was turning into a street racing thread, even though it follow the guidelines and noone posted places or speeds, i will start it up again.

rules(even though everyone should know by now):

no places(street names, etc)
no speeds(that exceed posted speed limits)

list what the car you beat was, your mods, mods to the other car(if known), and what happened(within the confines of the rules).

keep it clean guys.[cheers]

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
since goinloco locked the other thread and said it was turning into a street racing thread, even though it follow the guidelines and noone posted places or speeds, i will start it up again.

list what the car you beat was, your mods, mods to the other car(if known), and what happened(within the confines of the rules).

Appreciate the effort to keep things on the up and up.

However, refrain from posting ANY speeds. Law enforcement defines racing as a speed contest of any sort. Even if it is within the posted speed limit.

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
However, refrain from posting ANY speeds. Law enforcement defines racing as a speed contest of any sort. Even if it is within the posted speed limit.
just wonering.... how can you have a speed contest if its within the speed limit?? is like a race to get to the posted speed limit?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the effort to keep things on the up and up.

not a prob.

just wonering.... how can you have a speed contest if its within the speed limit?? is like a race to get to the posted speed limit?

easy, it is a measure of acceleration, which most races are. whoever gets there first wins. besides, i have been on a few highways that have stoplights on them where the speed limit is 65 or more. it would be very easy/plausible to do it there and stay within the speed limit. no i didn't race on that road i was just making a point.

reguardless, no speeds should be posted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, tried to run with a chevelle just for fun one time, it was built for the strip, nothing spectacular, just a basic chevy small block. We get to the track, take off and i hear an engine backfire and catch out of my periphial vision the fireball coming out of the hood scoop. We we just doin it for fun seeing as how we met in town, and he wanted to see what the "it's just a focus" had. Not a kill by any means, but the look on his face said surprise, i don't think he was expecting any engine mods, just the typical lowered bodykit look. All in all he was a pretty cool guy and we decided sometime in the future we would meet up again, i think he said it was a cyclinder misfire later but i'm not quite sure what exactly went wrong.

·
Registered
755 Posts
99-04 Mustang GT.
My mods
Turbo zetec at 240hp/tq
His mods.
Exhaust, CAI, 3.73's maybe more.
Went from a roll in third to the top of 4th. (if this is illegal let me know). I was a couple cars ahead, then realized I was going to need 5th gear and shut down. No need to go that fast. LOL. The guy was SHOCKED! He could hear the turbo once we were racing but before that he thought I was a ricer. LOL. He was cool about it all though.
Will be posting a spanking on some Cobalt SS's and a stock SRT-4 shortly.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99-04 Mustang GT.
My mods
Turbo zetec at 240hp/tq
His mods.
Exhaust, CAI, 3.73's maybe more.
Went from a roll in third to the top of 4th. (if this is illegal let me know). I was a couple cars ahead, then realized I was going to need 5th gear and shut down. No need to go that fast. LOL. The guy was SHOCKED! He could hear the turbo once we were racing but before that he thought I was a ricer. LOL. He was cool about it all though.
Will be posting a spanking on some Cobalt SS's and a stock SRT-4 shortly.

gts are sloooooow, especially when pitted against a boosted car. haven't come across one yet that i haven't completely handed their @$$ to them by at least 6 cars. there is a gt500 around here that i have seen but haven't come across on the road. i would love to see how i compare to that. 500hp(crank) - drivetrain loss(~25%) = 350whp. my power is in my sig. i think that i would win considering that i have the weight advantage as long as he doesn't have anything but stock. haven't seen many stock srt4s and it will be a close race considering that the srt4 has more tq than you and just as much hp, BUT you weigh less. let us know how it turns out and if you win, i will come out to where you are and redeem the srt4s.[spank]

·
Registered
755 Posts
The GT I out ran SPANKED the SRT-4. I imagine Ill beat it by quite a bit. In stock trim, they dont seem to be all that fast, modded a lil is totally different.
I cant out run you, thats for sure. But there is a Orange SVT focus around here that might give you a run.
How much TQ does a SRT put down stock? I thought they only made 235hp at the crank in stock trim?
As for the GT500 they put around 425 to 450 at the wheels in stock trim. I still imagine you would keep up, considering powerbands and weight diff. Eaton superchargers are way to unefficient.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The GT I out ran SPANKED the SRT-4. I imagine Ill beat it by quite a bit. In stock trim, they dont seem to be all that fast, modded a lil is totally different.
I cant out run you, thats for sure. But there is a Orange SVT focus around here that might give you a run.
How much TQ does a SRT put down stock? I thought they only made 235hp at the crank in stock trim?
As for the GT500 they put around 425 to 450 at the wheels in stock trim. I still imagine you would keep up, considering powerbands and weight diff. Eaton superchargers are way to unefficient.
the srt was either messing with him/wasn't trying, or the guy just plain can't drive, or something was wrong with his car. boost leaks are a bitch to any f/i vehicles. i ran a 13.9 when i first got this car and the only thing that it had was a sri and with a turbo car that really doesn't make any difference. i guess i just know how to drive. and i kept up with gts before i even started modding it.

are you talking about John? i didn't know he had his motor back together after this past time, of course i haven't kept up with the rebuild for some time. what turbo is he running now?

that is far from the truth. dodge WAY underrated them from the factory to keep insurance costs down so that more people would buy them. they come with 235whp, which is roughly 260 crank, and about 250wtq.

i have to disagree. the advertised hp for those is 500, and ford doesn't fudge numbers. and for the GT500KR version it is only 40hp more, 540. those numbers are at the crank so when you factor in drivetrain loss, which for front engine rwd cars is roughly 25%, the regular GT500 comes in at 375whp and the KR version comes in at 405whp.

the power to weigh ratios all come in my favor
SRT4 2900lbs w/343whp = .1183hp/lb
GT500 3800lbs w/375whp = .0987hp/lb
GT500KR 3800lbs w/405whp = .1066hp/lb

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts

Please refer back to the thread and actually read through it. Speeds over 100mph were mentioned twice, as well as some other things.
Also, since you think you have quoted the rules, I will let you know that what you stated as rules to others is not right. especially the speed part, it says nothing of speed limit... "1) Location and Speed reference are NOT to be posted."
Please also read the general rules where it's clearly stated that threads may be closed or deleted at the moderators discression.
So before shooting off how someone else is wrong, please make sure your facts are correct.

Now, back to the thread...[popcorn]

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Oh oh! [boxface] [smackbum] [whip] [chair] [smackbum] [bash] [spank]

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
But any way, I have beathen some 90's civics, another focus, and a silverado ss.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please refer back to the thread and actually read through it. Speeds over 100mph were mentioned twice, as well as some other things.
Also, since you think you have quoted the rules, I will let you know that what you stated as rules to others is not right. especially the speed part, it says nothing of speed limit... "1) Location and Speed reference are NOT to be posted."
Please also read the general rules where it's clearly stated that threads may be closed or deleted at the moderators discression.
So before shooting off how someone else is wrong, please make sure your facts are correct.

Now, back to the thread...[popcorn]
you wanna go, lets go. [hatchet] JK man. i must've read through it too fast.

also, laws in pretty much all states prohibit peeling out, and exceeding the speed limit. nowhere in any law does it say how fast you can get up to the speed limit, so long as you don't peel out or exceed posted limits. i'm not saying that some cops can't be dicks but if you know your $h!t they can't touch you as long as you clearly weren't breaking any laws.

example: lets say that i was on a road were the posted speed limit was 65 and said road had a stop light. i am sitting there and some tard comes up next to me and revs at me, and this is the day i am not to be had. so the light turns green and he peels out but i ease into it and slam on it as soon as i know i won't burn out. i beat his @$$ all the way to the speed limit and let off.

now in that example, no roads were mentioned and no laws were broken BY ME. are you really going to let that blow your skirt up? come on man, lighten up a tad bit. i don't really see what the problem is when an FF member posts up something like that. from my point of view and most others, the person was just accelerating to the speed limit at a 'spirited' pace. just my .02 but your the boss so i digress.

BTW, off topic, where are you at in Iraq? Army, AF, Marines? i was there last year at Ali AB(Camp Adder), about 20miles SW of Al Nasiriyah in southern iraq.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I beat a 4.7L Durango from a stop when my 07 2.0 5spd was stock. It was automatic with an exhaust.

A few weeks ago I ran a 5spd Zetec ZX3 with an intake and header from a roll. The car belonged to my brothers friend. I had my intake, header, and exhaust. I won by about a car. The entire thing lasted about 10 seconds.

The most recent was when I raced Turbo Turtle at the track and won because he didn't get traction until 4th.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
At anaconda north of bagdad till next summer.

But anyway...
how fast you get to the speed limit is illegal in most places, it's called excessive acceleration (been there once).

By the way...
I've lost track of cars I've beaten.
many hondas and svt foci :)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
example: lets say that i was on a road were the posted speed limit was 65 and said road had a stop light. i am sitting there and some tard comes up next to me and revs at me, and this is the day i am not to be had. so the light turns green and he peels out but i ease into it and slam on it as soon as i know i won't burn out. i beat his @$$ all the way to the speed limit and let off.

now in that example, no roads were mentioned and no laws were broken BY ME. are you really going to let that blow your skirt up? come on man, lighten up a tad bit. i don't really see what the problem is when an FF member posts up something like that. from my point of view and most others, the person was just accelerating to the speed limit at a 'spirited' pace. just my .02 but your the boss so i digress.
Technically, you are correct. However, what Loco was referring to can be classified as either "improper driving" - subject to the discretion and determination of the officer or "failure to maintain proper control" (Peeling out or spinning tires) - also subject to the discretion and determination of the officer.

Look. This is really simple. Eliminate ALL reference to speed and you have nothing to worry about. PERIOD.

Get creative. Use expressions like "I went by him like he was tied to a post and you should have seen the look on his face." Or, "I blew him so far into the weeds that the only thing left was a fart can spinning on the shoulder"...

Conveys the message.

What I don't think you understand is that you open yourself and THIS SITE to potential liability and legal recriminations. It is our responsibility as moderators to maintain the integrity of the site.

We are all in favor of "spirited driving", but at the same time you need to show some common sense. WE are not trying to deny anyone fun or the ability to share a great story, but it needs to be done within the context of the rules.

However, under no circumstances can (or will we) Loco, me or any other moderator condone illegal activity - either expressed or implied.

If nothing else, because it just looks bad.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Technically, you are correct. However, what Loco was referring to can be classified as either "improper driving" - subject to the discretion and determination of the officer or "failure to maintain proper control" (Peeling out or spinning tires) - also subject to the discretion and determination of the officer.

Look. This is really simple. Eliminate ALL reference to speed and you have nothing to worry about. PERIOD.

Get creative. Use expressions like "I went by him like he was tied to a post and you should have seen the look on his face." Or, "I blew him so far into the weeds that the only thing left was a fart can spinning on the shoulder"...

Conveys the message.

What I don't think you understand is that you open yourself and THIS SITE to potential liability and legal recriminations. It is our responsibility as moderators to maintain the integrity of the site.

We are all in favor of "spirited driving", but at the same time you need to show some common sense. WE are not trying to deny anyone fun or the ability to share a great story, but it needs to be done within the context of the rules.

However, under no circumstances can (or will we) Loco, me or any other moderator condone illegal activity - either expressed or implied.

If nothing else, because it just looks bad.

i understand man i was just asking a question. i laughed really hard when i read your 'creative expressions'

1 - 20 of 45 Posts