Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found water on the floor of my Focus this morning, luckily I left the winter package floor mats down and it caught all the water. I was just gathering in the drivers floor well. I felt some drops on my leftfoot while driving to work as well. I am guessing it is coming from the windshield seal and down through the dashboard.

I'll give the dealer a call this afternoon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unbelievable! Now improperly installed windshields are on the list of potential problems with the focus.[hatchet]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, well on one car, lets not panic yet...
Chris

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi, well on one car, lets not panic yet...
Chris
Exactly. You guys really jump the gun here, brand new model year, manufacturers test their vehicles but in the end we're the true test. When things happen Ford makes fixes. If cars were perfect from the get-go then we'd never have TSBs on any car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I found water on the floor of my Focus this morning, luckily I left the winter package floor mats down and it caught all the water. I was just gathering in the drivers floor well. I felt some drops on my leftfoot while driving to work as well. I am guessing it is coming from the windshield seal and down through the dashboard.

I'll give the dealer a call this afternoon.
May I ask.....was the airconditioner running at the time you noticed the water dripping on your foot? Was this first thing in the morning, before running the engine or had the car been driven for a while?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May I ask.....was the airconditioner running at the time you noticed the water dripping on your foot? Was this first thing in the morning, before running the engine or had the car been driven for a while?
At 5:30 am when I got in my car to go to work I found water on the floor of my car while it was raining heavily outside. I felt a few drops land on my left foot while driving to work a mile down the road.

I certainly hope the A/C was not running while the car was off and I was inside sleeping.

I haven't been running the A/C much anyways, I'm more of a window person. A/C air always seems funny to me, bothers my asthma unless it is absolutely brutal out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not much water but could be an issue in winter when it could freeze.

This is what I saw in the morning.

And this is where I think it is comming in.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think you're right about it being the windshield.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you're right about it being the windshield.
Here's the clincher, noticed this while driving home. There was more water earlier, but wasn't going to take a pic while driving in the rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts