Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a bunch of VWs. I asked him if I could rent one of his 85 Golfs to drive around while the focus is out of commission and he gave me this one instead.

Has Neuspeed springs matched with Koni adjustables. Front and rear Neuspeed sways. Handling is superb.
The wheels are 19'' BBS
Car is also is tuned by APR.

I have enjoyed driving this and dont want to give it back. I didnt know a car could be comfortable and handle this well at the same time. Mine is far from comfortable but handles well.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
that sucks about your SVT but it looks like you got a fun car to cruise around in until she's fixed [thumb]

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The rims are a little flash for my tastes, but that's a nice looking ride.

That a good friend for letting you roll it.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^That reminds me
If anyone knows anyone with a VW with 18'' BBS like these and wants to trade for 19'' Let me know. My buddy does want to downsize.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Double Post

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I wish my car would break down. lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Oh what a great friend. I wouldn't mind having that as a spare!

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
The only thing i dont like about it is the badge, which is normally accompanied by problems. When they run right, their awesome cars

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nice car, but I hate those mirrors.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He hates the mirrors too. But Cant wait to replace them.

Matt, I have to say I LOLed a little at your comment. My family has owned 3 dodges, all of which have had at least 3 Transmission. One has had constant suspension issues, and spark issues.

Even though we have had so many issues my Dad still buys dodge, not because he likes them but because he has aspergers so he has to do the same as he always does. Which can drive a family nuts.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The only thing i dont like about it is the badge, which is normally accompanied by problems. When they run right, their awesome cars
This x2. I almost went for an Audi but I was just too scared to buy used and be stuck with problems out of warranty. But siiiiiick car nonetheless!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Looks awesome Dan, what happened to the Fo?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FR Short shiftier weld broke. I couldnt believe it. A adjustable CFM one will be at my door today. I just got the car running again after 2 weeks in the garage. The CMC blow into pieces then I tightened the Bleed valve on the transmission to tight and stripped it so I had to buy a Heli coil that was an 10M x 1.0 (had to special order). I have had some stupid things happen in the passed few weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts