Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite time of the year for photos is about to start.....I think this year my new Focus will be in the pictures. Try to be kind about picture sizes.... I'm forced to use a dial-up, and so are others. It's too bad the best time for photos comes and goes so quickly. But it's about to start with the first falling of leaves in the St Louis area....

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
looks great

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Looks good, now paint those wheels white. White-on-white foci(s) looks awesome.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
^^lol we cant have every white focus to be white-on-white, we need some diversity....
but nice looking car, do you plan on a drop?
and i definitely agree, i cant wait for some nice pictures of the foliage

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry no painting wheels for me....I'll buy a new set if/when I get tired of these.

I've never taken photos before with a car as the main focus of the picture ([:p]), so it's something new to try out. The fall colors have always been emphasized, rather than anything else. The background will still be important. I see many Focus photos around here that are ruined by stuff that doesn't quite fit.

Here's a National Cemetery shot, but w/o any fall color yet....

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
im curious, whats the decal on the side?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^nothing really. It's an "R", for racing. I spent a bunch of time trying to find a small decal to add some red, breaking up the black/white colors. There's a short red barbed wire stripe under it....hard to see in that photo.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
i like the way the bumper looks, i mean it has a base euro taste to it. nice man

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I spent the whole summer since I got this car doing numerous mods.....mostly inside the car. The outside has a few mods that are visible.....clear corners, painted calipers/drums, an HD front lip, a red side decal, bumper end guards, painted lower grill, FORD fender splash guards. That's about it. It still looks fairly stock.

If I go much further.....this car becomes a target, for cops, and thieves, both of whom are too numerous around here. Right now I like the way it looks, and few people give it a second glance.....fine with me. My interior/electrical mods occupied most of my time, and don't attract attention.....also fine with me.

Focus mods can take many directions......external, internal, engine, etc. So far I'm mostly satisfied with the way this project has progressed, but still am looking for new ideas that appeal to me. I'll post more Fall pictures here when the colors get better.....

Thanks for the kind words. [wave]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Mississippi in the early Fall.....

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
^^^nothing really. It's an "R", for racing. I spent a bunch of time trying to find a small decal to add some red, breaking up the black/white colors. There's a short red barbed wire stripe under it....hard to see in that photo.
I would lose it. Get red Sparcos if you want to break up the white and black.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the last two days may have been the best week-end for Fall photos......so I took about a hundred photos. It'll give me something to play with this winter. Here's a few.....this white car is harder to photograph than other colors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree, lose that autozone R sticker. Makes it look.....cheap. Then slam it and some tint and you'll be good to go

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I said in the OP.....I'm on a dial-up. These are lo-res photos, less than 100k each and not meant for printing. Sorry....

That car needs some color up front. The painted calipers aren't enough. The small red decal was the only thing I could come up with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts