Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

before you say it, paint in next on the list. saving up the get the whole car done.

·
Registered
370 Posts
purdy....love the roof scoop!!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
id trade the midwing for a medium whail tale, does the roof scoop work?

·
Registered
478 Posts
If that was an SVT, Dude I think that you just ruined it IMO.
However, if you like it, at the end of the day, that's all that counts! [headbang] [headbang]

·
Registered
161 Posts
dazada said:
What purpose would it serve?
i guess ur not into rallying. Roof scoops are used by racecars that require additional oil cooling. The oil is pumped out of the engine and by the scoop, cools it off and comes back in. Thats the jist of it anyway.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
they can also cool your butt off cus there is no AC in a rally car, somthing i also plan to not have soon heh

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roof scoop is just for looks. It was on the car when i got it.
I also like the stock SVT bumpers, but i had no choice. the car had a busted up evo III kit when i got it. I was able to get the RS kit for cheaper than a stock svt kit, so i did.
It will look much better once its all painted, which wont be to much longer.

thanks for the comments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
just paint it. but what's up with the wierd ass smile going on with the front bumper? the lower grill looks funny. a little aggressive for my taste, but i think if u put an st170 grill and black st170 headlights on that thing. and the f2 lip to go with the kit. it's hard to tell exactly how it looks without it painted though.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I like it, rally look.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Achilleus said:
i guess ur not into rallying. Roof scoops are used by racecars that require additional oil cooling. The oil is pumped out of the engine and by the scoop, cools it off and comes back in. Thats the jist of it anyway.
No, not really into rallying.

On his car it just seems like it would create drag.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dazada said:
No, not really into rallying.

On his car it just seems like it would create drag.
its got cut outs in the rear of the scoop. I think if anything, it creates alil down force.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I like the RS bumper, I'll hold my tongue on the roof scoop.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts