Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got a Kenwood amp and Pioneer TS-W307D4 sub. For the amp i got the + from the battery way back to the trunk, but I can't find where in the trunk to mount the -. The problem is that everything is painted [paranoid] .
Any suggestions? [:)]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used a dremel with a grinding stone to get rid of the paint. I mounted my ground wire behind the driver side wheel well. There is a black plastic piece there. Just behind it. I drilled a hole through the trunk and bolted the ground down. It sits near the resonator from under the car. Have not had any issues with grounding there.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Drill a hole, scratch the paint away from it and then attach the (-) lead to the car using a sheet metal screw.

Or,

I used the bracket that locks the rear seat in the upright position. i took the bottom bolt out, slipped the wire in between the bracket and the body, and put the bolt back in.

Mouse

·
Registered
433 Posts
You can loosen a seat bolt and use that. I did this for my amp under the passenger seat. I loosened the console side rear bolt and used an O ring style wire end to under the seat bracket. You could do this under any seat. The cool thing is no worries will drilling a hole in the car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i took out the side panels in my trunk on the drivers side, there was a control box of some sort, so i undid one of the bolts and hooked the ground up to that and it works great

·
Registered
98 Posts
As a couple of the other guys mentioned, just make sure that you sand down the paint on the metal until its shiny and clean.

Poor grounds can kill amplifiers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts