Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to find, or where they make silver rings that go around the gauges to make them stand out more? (Rings like the Saturn Ion gauges?)? Especially ones without a tachometer? Please let me know. Thanks :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
the only thing I know of is on ebay you can find some chrome or brushed aluminum overlays that surrond the dials............

Nick

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I've been looking for a while, no luck. I was considering trying to buy that chrome fender trim from auto zone and making it myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to own a 92' 16V VW Golf GTI before buying the focus and wanted some gauge rings for it but could never find any. So to solve the problem I designed some and made them myself out of Aluminum and then had them clear anodized so they wouldn't oxidize.

I was costly to buy the material and then have them anodized so I had to make 20 sets in order to make it reasonable for me to make them for myself and then sold the rest for $40 a pair.

If someone could supply me with either a gauge cluster of just the plastic gauge surround that I could use to take dimensions from and test fit prototype rings, I could make some for the Focus as well. I would need to get at least 10-15 pre-orders so I can buy materials and be sure that people are going to buy them once they are produced. When I made them for the VW group I was with only a few actually bought them once I made them so I was stuck with about 10 sets to sell on my own (I still have 3 sets...).

They are very nice quality pieces since they a produced from a CAD 3D solid model on a 3 axis CNC machine. Once machined I send them out for anodizing and have a number of colors to choose from. I chose clear so you can see the machined aluminum.

If there's enough interest I can start working on these and come up with a price. These will likely be more expensive then the VW rings I made since the Focus gauges will need 3-4 different rings, where as the VW rings where 2 identical rings per set.

Here's what they looked like installed

not installed

And the car they went it...

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i don't think you'd find what you really want, you could take your gauge cluster apart then paint the lip around the gauges on the black plastic bezel

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
try s&H autotrends, they were talking about selling them for the focus, i think they were getting them form cougars possible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts