Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did some searching and couldn't find what I was after.

I'm about to put the SVT suspension (that is coming with from Mike @ Hillbish along with the Eibach swaybar set) on my kid's 2002 ZX3 and since it's got 60K plus miles on it I think I'd like to replace the control arms (not much more $ than just replacing the ball joints and you get fresh bushings too).

My question: Are there real Ford control arms available via Ford or are the arms from Ford at this point from one of the aftermarket part suppliers (Dorman, Mevotech, etc.)? Or did Dorman, etc, make the original arms.

They reason I care is I'm concerned about the bushing quality(and assume the Ford control arms are better) and don't want to buy new arms and end up with more bushing float than I already have.

What 'cha think?

·
Registered
247 Posts
i did that a few months ago, im pretty sure that ford makes it, and i got it right from the dealer for like $68.50 (Mechanic discount woot) a peice with the ball joints and they were very firm =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I ordered new arms along with new Moog style endlinks for the front swaybar from Mike at Hillbish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts