Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello
I'm moved recently to CA from NY and I'm thinking about registration my focus. Unfortunately it doesn't have sticker under hood(...this car is for sale in cali or not...), so I don't really know.... I don't want to pay smogcheck fees if it fail for sure Car was originally from NY, vin 3fafp....
Is there any other way to check, or register that car in CA?

·
Registered
891 Posts
where in cali are you? Your car should pass unless ur heavily modded with an offroad pipe. someone correct me if im wrong. When I moved to Cali from canada I brought a dodge caravan and it passed just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if i remember right your car dosent has to pass cali smog regs only new york standards. i knew a guy that bought a blazer off ebay from nevada and that is what he said.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
NY emmissions would be the same as cali for all years

·
Registered
27 Posts
You will need a California Smog Inspection for registration. A 49 state vehicle will pass the test- where did the under hood label go? Where in CA are you moving to?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will need a California Smog Inspection for registration. A 49 state vehicle will pass the test- where did the under hood label go? Where in CA are you moving to?
I'm moving to Orange County, and I think that radiator support would be replaced, and there's no label.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts