Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy`s I came across this site for exhaust. I have not seen it mentioned on here. Looks to be really nice work. I am going to get one of the SVT flex pipes made with 2.5" V-bands on it. They offer full mandrel bent exhausts for Zetec and Duratec. Prices seem reasonable. Any body use them before?
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/StoreFront

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Yeah, they're Trubendz. I've installed a simple flex pipe from them before and not had any problems or fitment issues. Can't offer any opinion on a full exhaust system though...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Every exhaust I have installed from them has had SEVERE fitment issues, including my own. They will not even attempt to make it right either, I have been after them for 6 months to fix mine due to the front flange being crooked and the insides of the catalytic converter being loose and rattling, but they have stopped responding to me all together now.

Stay away fom them at all costs.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Moved to SVT Performance Chat. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Trubendz= no good. Try the Canadians at ........ holy cow, and I have this on my car too. I'm having a senior moment. When I remember, I'll let you know. They make a 3" exhaust for SVTs. I talked to them on the phone when I ordered one for the wagon, and they were really very nice and helpful. I bet if I wanted a 3" for the wagon they would build one custom and not charge me more. IIRC, they used 316 SS instead of 304. Damn senior moments.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I'm so mad. The name of the company is MBRP, and it doesn't look like they make Focus exhaust any more. That is a real shame. If I had the time I'd call them and ask them why since it sounds so good, and they were so willing to offer so much for customers before- the only company that made exhaust systems for wagons.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm so mad. The name of the company is MBRP, and it doesn't look like they make Focus exhaust any more. That is a real shame. If I had the time I'd call them and ask them why since it sounds so good, and they were so willing to offer so much for customers before- the only company that made exhaust systems for wagons.
Man , Dont you love getting old ? I have the MBRP 2.5" Cat back on now. Love my exhaust. My Flex has a leak. I didnt know that was true bendz. See this is why I love FF. You just cant go wrong asking a question. Sooner or later you will get an answer. And yeah, I didnt know where to post it. Thanks for the help guy`s. i will look some where else...

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I'm surprised to hear about Trubendz' fitment issues... they used to be pretty good. I guess they need to make new jigs for our exhausts since they're probably 10 years old now and getting warped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the magnaflow cat back on my svtf and its really nice.I would try them or borla.I have heard bad things about true bendz

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's Trubendz. Not getting a good rep around here lately with fitment issues.
I have to agree, I got an SVT Contour Trubendz exhaust, all stainless with Magnaflow stainless mufflers, it fit so terribly on the car, I had to have an exhaust shop reshape some of the piping.

I know everybody is going to boo me for this, but I picked up the magna flow resonated kit on ebay for $300 shipped to my door, it sounds incredible and looks the part too, fitment was perfect and it only took me 30 minutes to hang up, and it can easily be removed because it comes with the clamps needed to put it together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts