Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I was wondering what would happen if I cut the exhaust directly in front of the resonator and put a 2.5 inch pipe back from there. What are the pros and cons?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you won't get a performance upgrade, just sound. ur still restricting it everywhere else. u may gain .5 whp @ 7k rpm. just sound and chances are it will sound bad!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well I have something like that done to my car.. Except they cut the resonator off and put a Magnaflow exhaust it its place and then did the straight pipe all the way back. It sounds nice and deep! Here's a link to my vids on YouTube.

Here

But with no muffler it would sound pretty bad like ^^dude up there said^^ Lol

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
you need to get that tip fixed, looks like crap sitting crooked, plus it looks tiny, get a bigger tip. does sound pretty nice though

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you talking the resinator before or after the rear tires? if you cut the small square one at the end it is barely any louder and you feel no gain at all. If you are talking both resinators, I removed them and replaced with straight 2 1/4" pipe. It actually feels a little slower off the line but maybe a little quicker in the 5k rpm range. I like the sound and it cost me about 20 bucks where as a cat-back would be 200+.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts