Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2000 ford focus and I've managed to rip off both my passanger and driver side mirorrs [?|] (long story) ....now i'm looking into getting replacements, I was wondering if there are a good set of mirrors that fold back that can go on the focus.
I've seen the m3 and m5 style mirrors but the down side is that they don't have the cables for the manual adjust of the mirror from inside the vehicle.
does anybody know of any alternatives???

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
SVTF mirrors are cool. They are break away style and have the paintable cover. I am going to the wrecking yard tomorrow to see if I can find a set. I believe they are heated as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Correct on the heated part, it comes with the winter package. I imagine you'll really have to do some modifications to go from manual (cable) adjustment to power. I see in the back pages of car&driver mag, they sell mirrors to fit almost any application.

The SVT mirrors from Ford are going to be big bucks. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the $300 range. But you can order them finished, just give them the paint code.

Good luck! Hope you can find something that will work.
bfocused.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have a SVTF w/o the "winter package" and the mirrors have a "heated defrost" nice to have! The also have "color matched" paint (meaning no dull plastic look) AND the ability to fold in! If you can find a set at a junk yard, go for it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunateley I doubt that I will find a set at the local junk yard here.
but if anybody know's the part number for the SVT mirrors it help order them from ford (if the price is not too bad)
....any body know how to "upgrade" the manual mirrors to electric so i could use the svt mirrors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts