Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, need help figuring something out. I had a problem with my latch not staying latched. That's been fixed, really it mostly took penetrating oil to get some of the mechanism unstuck then I used white lithium grease to keep it unstuck.

Problem is, being the curious engineer that I am, I removed the latch assembly to do this and disassembled it. I've got it mostly re-assembled, but there's a long screw that bolts to the small part of the outside handle that remains stationary on the outside. Fordparts.com on the latch diagram for the latch, p./n 21812, shows it as p/n 14124 but doesn't list the part individually so I can't find a description.

It'd be nice to be able to find this screw on my lunch break, I've got a guy coming to look at the car for buying it and it might look better if the door panel isn't apart.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Can't help offhand, but if you listed model & year it might help someone look it up.

Might catch someone with pieces handy to check, even then they'd need model info. to know if it might match.

Cheers

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
If a plastic cutting specialty screw you can often sub a correctly sized sheet metal screw for it. Don't pick a slightly bigger one and then drive it in to split the plastic part, why I said 'correctly sized'................you'll find SAE screws often are slightly too big like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts