Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently bought a 1998 Ford Focus with a 1.8 zetec petrol engine. Shorly afer I bought it, I began to experience what can only be described as cruise control. My car of course is not fitted with such a device but it does seem to cruise at 45 to 50mph on a flat road with no throttle applied. If I slip into neutral and coast then the RPM increases to between 3500 and 4500 and when i come to a standstill, drops down to idle speed. What is even worse than this is when going downhill and you select a lower gear to allow the engine to add to the braking effect, you can feel the car start pulling away at a great rate of knots.

The car has been into the garage on a number of occations and undergone a number of tests. Each time I have been told that nothing can be found. Has anybody any ideas?

Regards,
JP

·
Registered
161 Posts
This problem is often to our '98 focis. The problem had passed out with the new CDs that were coming to upgrade the central "brain" of the car. Another possibility is the switch under the clutch pedal. The last one for this is the A/C.

Have you done upgrade with Fird CDs, the latest?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts