Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just got 11plate focus.
Start up - no probs. But when you get moving after bout 5/6 secs I hear a click coming from somewhere (not sure where sorry). This only happens straight after starting engine -never hear it again (until you turn off then start up again)
Any ideas folks pls? Thx pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
From my experience in driving different cars, I notice clicks at certain times in dirrent cars which logicaly are electrical or mecalical. Loud usualy reffers to mechanical, slight being electrical (just from my own experiance) so I would say a relay but I would wait for a response from someone who is a focus fanatic to actualy define the result in the 'click'.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Welcome to FF. This forum deals mainly with North American cars so your "11 plate" focus description will require some elaboration. (I've heard the reference XX plate Focus before and I'm curious what exactly it means.) In NA, we generally identify cars only by year and model and perhaps engine capacity - so 2001 Focus ZX3 2.0L, for example. (btw, the Zetec was only available in the 2.0 capacity in NA; I think you get 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 as well as diesel, correct?)

Anyway, to address the original question, if your cars are like the NA model, are you sure the click you hear after you start moving isn't your door locks automatically locking? Or attempting to lock if the mechanism is broken?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the numbers in uk refer to date so 11 plate means registered in 2011. Thx - I thought it might be door locking but dont think it is as the lock on door handles dont move. Also Ive tried putting had thru window and opening door - and they do open.
Anyone else any ideas?
(PS Yeh we get all those engine sizes zetec in uk)

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 02 focus auto locks after driving for a bit.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The auto locking WILL "click" even if it isn't functioning correctly, OR even if all the doors are locked already....

FWIW....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx to all for this, but I cant find any mention of auto locking in the manual for the Uk focus. Could it be anything different?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts