Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what people thought about the Focus Central Short Throw, also the differences between it and the Steeda Short Throw.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just posted about this very issue, and I got a barrage of replies praising the Steeda over the FC.

After that, I ordered the Steeda, and now that I have it, I definitely praise it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have the FC in my 03 svt and my girlfriend has a steeda in her o3 svt, the steeda is what i would reccomend. the FC is really short in heigth, if your tall you might have a problem with it.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I have the Ford Racing STS (same part as Steeda) and I highly recommend it .... get the VF lower mount or the Mac engine snubber (basically the same thing just a different style) to go with that STS, you'll be glad you did. BTW, Don't bother with the inserts, they slip out a lot, they suck.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have had both and the FC one is lame IMHO. It is not fabricated as a Short Throw Shifter it is just a shorter shifter. The reverse lockout is a pain in the butt to deal with on the FC one.

Steeda is lengthend below the Pivot ball to provide a True Short Throw shifter and the reverse lockout is not affected compared to the Factory shifter.

I am ordering another Steeda and selling the FC short shifter for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts