Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus Central or Kent cam gears? How do people like aftermarket cam gears. Are they a good mod for the money. Ive read on them just havent heard anyones opinion.

·
Registered
697 Posts
really good if you going turbo or on the bottle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i was just looking into those two types...Focus sport sells the kent cam gears and i want to go with the better cam gear out there. I was just wondering who makes the better cam gear out there. What if i dont get a turbo or get on the bottle for a while is it still a worthy investment?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dyno resualt looks pretty impressive on the Kent Cams gears. 116hp at 6000 rpms compared to the 88hp at 6000rmps on a stock car.

I got those resualts off Focussport.com

·
Registered
697 Posts
THis may sound like a dumb ass question, but do all of them come with the degrees listest you know hte strokes on them? or some dont? cause i've seen a good few that dont, and i think that's not ver convienent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hmm.. did I get something wrong or don't cam gears just adjust *where* in the rpm range your power maxes out (though of course the amount will wary depending on where in the rpm range you're getting your power)?

So, in my mind I the numbers 88hp -> 116hp are either totally out of whack, or the engine is putting out power in a seriously ill-drivable curve... Anyone smarter than me that cares to explain?[:)]

·
Registered
697 Posts
focaltech said:
Hmm, I haven't seen any that don't.
i've only seen it a few times, then again they were e-bay jobbies, so ya knows now.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
ImportThis35, Fidanzas are some of the best cam gears made. I have never heard any bad reviews of them nor have I ever heard anybody bad mouth them.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
id get fidanza cam gears. there the only ones i can think of off the top of my head that i havent heard anyone complain about. but yeah, cam gear is a cam gear, they will all yield the same results. the real gains with cam gears is in the tuning my friend, not the gear.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
reply to the wrong thread? im guessin u meant for this to be in ur ice man thread. anyway, ive been around, pretty busy lately my niece got real sick and is in the hospital, grandparents came out here so ive been chillin with them a lot, new gf, and u know how the hollidays are.

sorry for the threadjack whoever started this, jis if u wanna keep talkin hit me up on pm or write more in ur ice man thread, cant thread jack yourself!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Sorry to thread jack too. I did answer the wrong thread. I guess the massive amounts of pain killers I had in the past finally caught up to me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont really know much bout them sept what ive read on like focussport.com. They sell the kent cam gears on there and they were just showed a dyno of the gears on with 116hp at 6000 compared to a stock car with 88hp at 6000...It says it expands the length of the power band i belive.
Stock VS. FocusSport Tuned (cam gears,plug and wires,and intake)
RPM
HP Torque RPM
HP Torque HP/Torque Gain or Loss
37 Hp 98 LB/ft 2000
37 Hp 98 LB/ft +0 Hp / +0 LB/ft
62 Hp 108 LB/ft 3000
60 Hp 106 LB/ft - 2 Hp / - 2 LB/ft
83 Hp 109 LB/ft 4000
87 Hp 114 LB/ft +4 Hp / + 5 LB/ft
100 Hp 106 LB/ft 5000
112 Hp 118 LB/ft +12 Hp / + 13 LB/ft
88 Hp 77 LB/ft 6000
116 Hp 99 LB/ft +28 Hp / + 22 LB/ft

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is what FocusSport had to say....Is it BS or they right?

"As you can probably tell by the dyno charts, we're pretty excited about the results. The car has taken on a much more responsive attitude, and is without a doubt, more exciting to drive.

Although the factory motor was blessed with excellent bottom-end torque, that surge in power early in the powerband [2200-3000 rpm] was engineered for pedaling around town in a rather sedate manner.

To turn our Focus into a more thrilling proposition, it was necessary to create a powerband that not only provided more peak power, but provided it over a much wider range. Where the factory setup only exceeds 110 LB/ft of torque from 2200-3000 rpm, the FocusSport tuned setup exceeds 110 LB/ft of torque from just 3500 rpm all the way to 5500 rpm. Accentuating this impressively torquey midrange is the engine's ability to strongly pull to 6000 rpm where it delivers a staggering 28 hp increase over stock output at that rpm.

All of the products we used to achieve these results (FocusSport Cool-Flo Intake, FocusSport Cat-Back Exhaust, FocusSport 8mm Plug Wires*, and Kent Adjustable Cam Gears) are currently available, and the links are provided below. "

1 - 20 of 31 Posts