Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus Central needs a bone stock,5 speed,2.3L Duratec Focus for a national magazine article to be published in the next few months.The article will show Focus Central installing race header,flex pipe,pulley kit,catback exhaust,and cold air.It will also show dyno results after each bolt-on.Focus Central is hoping to get someone relatively close (California or Arizona) in the event that they need the car over-night.If interested,please contact Dave at 661-823-2400 or e-mail at [email protected]. Be aware that all parts and labor for this prject are free of charge.Thanks.[thumb]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hmmmm...that gets the old nogin think right there.

Wouldnt know what to do about smog though...

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
focaltech said:
Yea if FC doesn't butcher the car by filling it with sub par parts and 10k dyno runs.
Somebody sounds bitter. Hrrmmmm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In response to Focaltech's remarks,there is not a part on our shelves that we will not stand behind 100%. And if you really knew half as much as you think you do a 10k dyno pull is impossible with a 2.3L Focus due to the very conservative rev limiter. I will dyno your car for free to see how much power your car makes.Ooops! I forgot,your not making any real power are you,just a lot of noise.;)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Whitelighter, didn't know you were from FC. LOL

Btw re-read my post, I said 10k dyno runs.

You have to stand behind it, the majority of it turns out to be crapola which you need revisions to fix.

Lets talk race headers perhaps, or, no, lets talk about anodized antennas losing their anodizing in like a month. LOL, shall I continue? How about the hatred of FC by many since the days of nader and FJ sponsorship.

This isn't to beat FC down or anything, it was just my opinion. I have heard dennis no longer owns FC, thats probably a good thing.

Btw, I have dyno'd 60+ foci, modded 20-30 myself so back up and look again at who you are talking too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can see where this is going and do not want to get into a 15 page debate on what FC stands for.Most of the things you have brought up are old issues which have been resolved.Yes,we are under new ownership and look for great things in the future.Now back to the original proposal;can we get a stock 2.3L for the magazine article?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Which mag is it? If you can't say, that's cool but would be cool to know when it plans to go to press :)

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Maybe if we're lucky, it will be in the second issue of the Focus Fanatic magazine, which I hope is coming out soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could be;) You'll just have to wait and see. It's a magazine that every Focus owner probably has seen or heard about and did extremely well with its first issue. I would also like to thank everyone for all the e-mails and I have selected one of you and even an alternate in the unlikely event that the primary car can't make it due to some natural disaster or something. You people are great and you've sparked a new idea for me.Now that I know how many of you are so close,I'm considering a dyno day very soon and hope that all of you could make it.I would like to meet everyone.Even if you've had a problem in the past,we're great in person and would like the opportunity to do good things for you all.This obviously would be open to all Foci not just the PZEV.I guess I should post it somewhere else huh?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If FC is under new ownership, that means that somebody saw the mistakes and though they could work on those and turn FC around. So lets give Whitelighter best of luck.

And I take that last comment he made to mean that Focus Fanatic is going to have another issue. Maybe not as soon as we would like but I would expect it to be around April or May. Hopefully somebody will let us know when it is out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts