Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a focus central intake mani, cost of it is 400. Comes with 65mm T/B. Would it be worth it to drop the money with the mods I have.
All-Bolt ons. Thats it, just every bolt on. Im thinking about goin turbo later, I can only buy until monday. NEED HELP FAST. If no turbo, I will go NA. This is my daily driver.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
It won't do much for you with a stock head and cams...you'll need a P&P head with a valve job and stage II/III cams, gears and a tune before you'd see any significant gains. It would also help out with FI, but not as much since flow characterisitcs are very different between N/A and FI.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If your car is a daily driver i wouldnt do it. It is going to shift your rpm range up and you will notice a loss in low speed torque. Its probly not worth it

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
if it comes with the tb i would buy it

·
Registered
381 Posts
how much hp will it add without FI if you get cams but still have a stock head?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
Not much...aftermarket intakes like that are designed for very heavy breathing...stage III cams with 1mm larger valves, 3-angle CNC porting and aggressive tuning. You could have your stock head P&P'd and get larger valves installed (meaing an entire new valvetrain,) but by then you'd just be better off getting the Ford Racing head.

·
Banned
34 Posts
before i had the PnP head, and i just had the cams i use it for a year. still worked great. i maxed out the flow rate of the sotck head with it.

on the side note. with the intake manifold, TB, and large dia. intake combination at idle u will get a sucking noise like a straw at a bottom of a empty glass. It sounds really cool, almost like spooling of a S/C

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I'm not questioning if it will work with a stock head...if you never plan on dropping a better-flowing head in its a waste of money. In that scenario, just get an '00 manifold, it'll give you all the flow your engine needs with a stock head and it won't cost $400.

·
Banned
34 Posts
SkaAddict said:
I'm not questioning if it will work with a stock head...if you never plan on dropping a better-flowing head in its a waste of money. In that scenario, just get an '00 manifold, it'll give you all the flow your engine needs with a stock head and it won't cost $400.
no, if ur planning on high RPM driving, and not loosing power in the high RPM's like u would with a stock manifold, then i would go FC intake manifld. yes, u will lose a little power down in the lower RPM's, but in the hgiher RPM's it will continue to pull to red line. The downfall, is that ur car will perform like a Honda. but if u beef that engine up, like raise the C/R like i did, u will get that lower end power back.

It will also work wonders if he goes F/I! the cyclinders will get boost so much faster!

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
OMG...did you actually read what I said? Here...let me say it again:

SkaAddict said:
...if you never plan on dropping a better-flowing head in its a waste of money.
Assuming you get your head worked on with 1mm larger valves and P&P, yes, its worth it. If you're just going to stick with a stock head with no P&P (meaning maintaining the stock 9.6:1 CR), there's no point.

And I'd argue against using this manifold for FI, as (like I stated earlier) the flow characterisitics are very different for FI and NA. There's a big change between the engine drawing in air on its own and having 6+ PSI of air on tap that's going to be forced through the system as the valves open. With NA you want to have slight restriction so the air's velocity rises as it travels through the runners, whereas with FI you want as little restriction as possible so the blower or turbo can force more air through the system with little resistance. The FC header would probably reduce performance on a FI setup...yes it would work better than stock, but a manifold designed for FI would be better. And if you're running FI and are shelling out $400 for an intake manifold, it would make sense to get one designed for FI.

·
Banned
34 Posts
zetecfreak said:
Found a focus central intake mani, cost of it is 400. Comes with 65mm T/B. Would it be worth it to drop the money with the mods I have.
All-Bolt ons. Thats it, just every bolt on. Im thinking about goin turbo later, I can only buy until monday. NEED HELP FAST. If no turbo, I will go NA. This is my daily driver.
Did u get it? if not, let me get the contact info....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: Re: Focus Central Intake Mani

peanuts_parts said:
Did u get it? if not, let me get the contact info....
go to ebay and search for "focus manifold", there's three to choose from. one of them has two 65mm tb on it.

Lip

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didnt get it, Had other pointless shit to do at the time. The worst part was I never even had time to check the thread I started. I probably wouldnt have got it though. My build Idea isnt going in that direction just yet. Goin to a junkyard to find some parts instead. Need to do a complete rebuild of the motor. Its a little worn out at the moment, still runs pretty strong just not like I think it should.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts