Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well what a special suprise. getting ready to put car on trailer for summit point race this weekend. something is terribly amiss up front. put the car up in air and lo and behold. the drivers side control arm is broken off at a weld point. how very special. that side of the car has had no off road track excursions. why. replacement is being fedexed in tomorrow, but i am going to be a little nervous on track sunday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yow! Where exactly did it break? I'm glad you found it while the car was essentially stopped.

A friend of mine had a similar problem with his Mustang race car and some highly-touted aftermarket front control arms. His failure happened during a race! Fortunately he didn't hit anything.

It might not be a bad idea during the off season (any day now, right?) to have the other control arm Magnafluxed. If one broke, I'd be very concerned about the one that didn't break... yet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fc

yeah. after each run sunday i was under that car checking both arms. i was put in the big bore race w/very fast vehicles. i was not a happy camper about those arms. well just one more weekend on track this week at vir and its not a race so the pressures off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts