Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in the Focus Central climate control knobs in my '04 SVT, the how to link states that you just pull the stock knobs off and replace them, well maybe in their world, but my stock knobs wouldn't budge without severely flexing the center dash piece to the point I thought it was going to break, so I had to remove the radio, remove the center dash, remove the climate control system and then finally I was able to yank the knobs free without fear of damaging anything. Basically a 10 min project turned in to an hour or so because I am very deliberate when doing work on my car (still learning) and don't wanna mess anything up. But the effort was worth it, they look sharp, I'll get pics if I remember

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've heard people having a tough time pulling them off, some seem to have adhesive on them probably from the factory, and some don't, I can simply just pull mine off...guess it's hit and miss, post pics! Which color did you get?

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
haha o man, i did the same thing today. Talk about a pita. I broke one of the havc screw holes, the change holder, and some other plastic. It was bad haha.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd venture to guess that I got a set that was glued on....I got the plain silver, my car is cd silver outside so im sticking to a silver theme inside I'll try to grab pics tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts