Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone currently using a FC CAI, or know of someone who is/has...I'm interested to hear pros and cons on intake...I'm in save mode and plan to purchase in the next month or two. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
its not a true cold air intake. i would go with a aem or k&N or one that goes straite to the floor. thats a true c.a.i f.c's c.a.i is a little short ram with a heat shield.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had one on my Focus. The Focus Central CAI does the same thing that the Volant does, but the Focus Central unit has much lower build quality. The airbox is made out of cheap fiberglass with an unfinished look. Mine didn't come with the hardware to mount the MAF housing to the box or any kind of instructions to install it (even tho it is pretty simple for anyone with a little bit of automotive knowledge). The cone filter sits at a very odd angle in the airbox due to the lack of proper design. I couldn't even get the Focus Central logo to stick to the outside of the airbox. I can't believe they charge $170 for it. Even I could have come up with a lot better design than that.

For only about $50 more you can get the Volant unit that looks and is built much better. That's what I wish I had done.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
volant also has a second runner on the side of the box so ur not just dependent on one source of air thru the snorkel.

please go to the intake thread in the ford focus chat forum to shed more light, or run a search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts