Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a Focus Cental strut bar for my 2002 SVTF. The person who owned it previously said it was on his SVTFocus. Fitment doen not look like a problem as the holes on the strut plate line up with the bolts on the strut tower. What concerns me is that the bolts on the strut tower do not have enough threads to accomodate both the strut plate and the screws!! Am I missing something here? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
they've got enough thread. I've got a focus sport strut tower brace. there isn't as much thread as I would like, but it'll screw on there

·
Registered
373 Posts
I emailed them once to ask if that would fit and they said the factory throttle body is in the way on the svtf. good luck though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did they redesign FC stb? I tried a while back to install it on my car and it didn't clear the intake, so I return it and got the FS one instead. That was like 2 years ago though!

·
Registered
970 Posts
If you have the stock intake, it'll fit, but will slightly indent the rubber intake tube. It will NOT fit with an aftermarket intake because they are solid tubes.

You will want to jack the car up to install it. My car has about 3/4" of thread extra to use, which is plenty. I'm still looking for a FS or Steeda strut bar though [:p]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A focus central strut tower bar fits just fine with a AEM shorty intake (aka warm air). Thats the combo on our focus.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Do the FC strut bars have pre-load? Also, has anybody really felt a difference after installation?

·
Registered
373 Posts
probably not since the struts are so damn close to the firewall to begin with. It's really not nessecary to brace the strongest part of the car unless they have a sagging focus. it's more of a cosmetic upgrade than anything.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
That's what I thought...

·
Registered
373 Posts
i bet the bar in the rear would do wonders though on our hatches with our butts in the air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts