Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Facebook Ford Focus Page:

Just catching up on Focus sales information from June: first time this year Focus outsells popular Fusion; Focus was best-selling Ford car in June. Well done. And sales have been heavy on the five-door model, more than expected. My local dealer finally has more than 10 on his lot now. -- Mark Schirmer, Ford Communications

·
Registered
251 Posts
Anyway would we expect Ford ... think edsel, think blowing away the taurus name ... think screwing up a mustang more than once in the past ... think building a freestyle and never promoting it ... would mis guess what the customers really want ...

now if they had a 2012 focus wagon here ... that probably would be the best seller as it is in europe. I told my salesman if they bring it here ... I do a trade ... same level, same color.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
From the Facebook Ford Focus Page:
"and from ford media...

"Ford’s two all-new small cars combined for 26,920 sales in June, up 66 percent versus a year ago. Fiesta sales were 5,535, and Focus sales were 21,385, up 41 percent versus a year ago. The Fiesta and Focus are the fastest-turning models in Ford dealer showrooms. “The Fiesta and Focus are driving Ford’s retail share gains in markets beyond our traditional geographic areas of strength,” said Czubay. “In California, Ford’s retail share is the highest since 2006. We also have seen gains in the East and Southeast.”
In June, Ford brand retail sales were up 36 percent in California.
The Fiesta and Focus recently were named to Kelley Blue Book’s 2011 Top 10 Coolest New Cars Under $18,000.
The Ford Fusion midsize car now has posted six straight monthly sales records. In June, Fusion sales totaled 20,808, up 13 percent versus a year ago. In the first six months of 2011, Fusion sales were 131,686, up 18 percent from the first-half record set last year."

yep, by a whole 577 cars and for the first time this year too...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, by a whole 577 cars and for the first time this year too...
For a 2-3 month old car it's doing extremely well.

Think it will ever be the best selling car in it's segment?
Well it's getting awfully close!

June 2011 Sales

C-segment
Chevrolet Cruze: 24,996
Ford Focus: 21,385
Hyundai Elantra: 19,992
Toyota Corolla: 18,872
Honda Civic: 17,485
VW Jetta: 14,513
Mazda3: 8,612
Kia Forte: 8,191
Nissan Sentra: 8,077
Dodge Caliber: 3,929
Subaru Impreza: 2,762
Scion tC: 2,053
Suzuki SX-4: 1,105
Scion xB: 828
Scion xD: 575

B-Segment
Ford Fiesta: 5,535
Honda Fit: 4,912
Nissa Versa: 4,345
Chevrolet Aveo: 3,859
Hyundai Accent: 3,612
Kia Rio: 1,954
Toyota Yaris: 1,402
Mazda 2: 1,081

Any why would we expect Ford ... think edsel, think blowing away the taurus name ... think screwing up a mustang more than once in the past ... think building a freestyle and never promoting it ... would mis guess what the customers really want ...
Um, really not sure what you're saying here lol

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
If what I posted from the ford website was read you'd see I'm serious.
Actually thought the fiesta was doing better, but being a completely new model only a couple years it will take awhile to get warmed up to just like any car.
the surge may also be a new model surge, the fiesta did the same when it first came out. time will tell

·
Registered
676 Posts
The sub-compact B segment isn't as popular, just look at the #'s. Fiesta is bringing in new customers who may have got a Hyundai.

Also, Cruze production started nearly a year ago and are up to speed. Will it keep #1 spot when Focus plant catches up?

·
Registered
366 Posts
With Cruze, you lose.

Ford would not Focus!

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile What Im surprised with is how the Corolla is beating cars like the Honda civic. The Fiesta is doing great, it is an awesome little car. My parents have been car shopping for a few months now and I havent seen any Fiestas at any of the dealerships. Someone must be buying then. What Red is saying is that he feels that if the Focus had more varients, such as a wagon it may well have been the best seller. He might be right too. I wonder what kind of sale increase they will have when the ST and Electric focus come out later this fall and early next year.

Of course Cmax may steal a few sales away here and there.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Anyway would we expect Ford ... think edsel, think blowing away the taurus name ... think screwing up a mustang more than once in the past ... think building a freestyle and never promoting it ... would mis guess what the customers really want ...

now if they had a 2012 focus wagon here ... that probably would be the best seller as it is in europe. I told my salesman if they bring it here ... I do a trade ... same level, same color.
I doubt it would be the top selling focus trim here. Never was before, it's just not a really popular style here. It would be cool though.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile What Im surprised with is how the Corolla is beating cars like the Honda civic. The Fiesta is doing great, it is an awesome little car. My parents have been car shopping for a few months now and I havent seen any Fiestas at any of the dealerships. Someone must be buying then. What Red is saying is that he feels that if the Focus had more varients, such as a wagon it may well have been the best seller. He might be right too. I wonder what kind of sale increase they will have when the ST and Electric focus come out later this fall and early next year.

Of course Cmax may steal a few sales away here and there.
The corolla outsells the rest because it's simple, pretty reliable, sips gas and just plain works. They're pretty cheap too. Most people are pretty bland and don't care about what car they drive as long as it starts and gets them there. I'll never understand it neither.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The C Max 7 passenger version is cancelled, but NOT the 5 seater. But, they will only be hybrids.

If the Jetta wagon get more sales, then maybe we will get Focus wagon. But, with Ford building and selling the current cars as fast as they can, don't expect them to slow the line down to add wagon.

And Corolla is now the official 'slow poke in left lane' car.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Yes Cmax is only coming out as a hybrid and plug in hybrid, with seating for 5. Not the 7 passanger, sliding rear door version.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The sub-compact B segment isn't as popular, just look at the #'s. Fiesta is bringing in new customers who may have got a Hyundai.

Also, Cruze production started nearly a year ago and are up to speed. Will it keep #1 spot when Focus plant catches up?
I don't think it will... there's a lot more Cruze stock out there than Focuses at this point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts