Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
a

damn that sucks. but for going head on with a semi you can say that car doesnt look like ground beef

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Yea, Focuses don't do very well against semis. I have a friend who was hit by one that ran a red light. Destroyed the car, and messed up his legs.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Err... nothing does well against a semi. Except maybe one of those heavy duty F-150s. I had one pull up next to me at a light recently, and that beast was twice the height of my Focus. The noise of its idling engine can easily be mistaken for that of an 18-wheeler's.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
^^^where n PA is 'king of prussia'?yeh i pulled up next 2 a f-250 that was all jacked up and could almost drive under it.he was in the lane to my left and i could barely see th top of th drivers head.i think that focus would of looked worse had the semis tire not rode up the hood.u can tell by photo had it hit bumper2bumper both people n car might of..thank GOD for small miracles.

·
Registered
339 Posts
man that sucks, but thankfully the passengers made it out... i could only imagine the heartache this has caused their families...

but yeah, ford trucks are pretty stout... my friend saw a collision between an f-250 and a telephone company truck (with the boom lift) and the f-250 ripped it in half, while only smashing up the front end of the truck a little bit...

·
Registered
542 Posts
there is only 2 things that will stand up to a tractor trailer.....another tractor trailer, and a freight train...... trust me....

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I did that to a Honda once. If you can't drive around Trucks ,then you should stay off the road. The only person who is going to get hurt is you.

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
^^^where n PA is 'king of prussia'?yeh i pulled up next 2 a f-250 that was all jacked up and could almost drive under it.he was in the lane to my left and i could barely see th top of th drivers head.i think that focus would of looked worse had the semis tire not rode up the hood.u can tell by photo had it hit bumper2bumper both people n car might of..thank GOD for small miracles.
King Of Prussia is near Philly.

·
Registered
542 Posts
that one with the pickup is a classic...

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
I was a near witness to a semi rolling over a Corolla. I'm not 100% on what happened because I wasn't looking at the impact. I saw the Corolla pass in front of my eyes very fast, and then heard BOOM and saw the car flattened spinning around under the trailer, then come to rest against a light pole on the other side. Took out the semi's oil pan, and I felt completely sorry for the driver that I didn't see the whole thing. I think he would've liked to know that it wasn't his fault.

The weirdest part was how there was a delay, then people started running over to see if someone was alive... as if. The car was the height of a tire turned sideways, the whole semi cab rolled over it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts