Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is really great video GhiaFan. I love ACC too much but my focus is not installed. Do you install ACC by yourself? If yes, Would u let me know how to install it and how much it is. Many thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am currently looking into this. A Polish guy fitted it to his Mondeo.

So far I have worked out that firstly you need to have the correct type of ABS unit fitted that can apply the brakes when required as normal cruise only uses engine braking. If your car has hill start assist, then you already have the correct ABS type.

You then need the radar sensor that fits behind the front grill, ACC module that fits behind the glove box and correct steering wheel cruise control switch with the distance buttons.

Some people say that the wiring is already in place in the engine bay and behind the glove box. I haven't checked my car yet for that. Even if it isn't there, wires could be run.

Finally the car has to be coded for ACC with focccus.

In addition to ACC, you can also switch on the forward warning alerts that some vehicles have.

Just trying to work out the part numbers of the various components .... if anyone can help with that?

·
Registered
171 Posts
will reply here, keeps the other thread clean, unfortunately i don't have the adaptive cruise or blis but looks like the wiring is there for them on mine, this should be the harness for it and looking at the parts diagram it shows it sits behind the triangular bumper trim, and if you look at the right of the picture i think that is part of what it should attatch too?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, sorry for highjacking the other thread.

Thanks for posting that picture. I will take a look at my car.

Would you be able to post a screen grab of the parts diagram. Many thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
here is a couple of screen shots taken from microcat Europe
h t t p://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/ldsundance/Adaptive%20cruise%20Control/2016-10-20.png

h t t p://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/ldsundance/Adaptive%20cruise%20Control/2016-10-20%201.png

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I wish this was available on the 2012 USA model Focus.

Brian

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for the screen grabs.

It's not available in Thailand either .... so I'm making it available :)

I've made a list of the parts required and so far found out that the radar unit that fits behind the left front grill triangle is incredibly expensive. So I'm trying to find one second hand.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for posting. A very good source of information. Shows it is possible.

I have set up search notifications on ebay for the radar and control module. I don't plan to pay full price for the radar at least as it's scarily expensive from Ford.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting. A very good source of information. Shows it is possible.

I have set up search notifications on ebay for the radar and control module. I don't plan to pay full price for the radar at least as it's scarily expensive from Ford.
Hi, did you make any progress on this? Am buying a 2011 focus mk3 and looking to retrofit ACC. Have you got a parts list? Thanks for any help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts