Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Totally new Focus user, so just looking for some feedback if this is intended or not.
Started driving my 2014 Focus since last week, and occasionally felt with my left foot something moving when clutch pedal is fully depressed. After a few more days and tries, finally figured out that steering column / shaft behind the clutch pedal is fully naked (is that intended?) and feelable when clutch is pressed all the way down to the bottom, and steering the wheel.

I'm only wondering if all Focus users can feel that with fully pressed clutch and steering the wheel at the same time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got video as well (shaft is basically moving), but can't attach it now due to low post count.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Thats the way all of them are.....One look at where the rack is & how the steering column has to be connected to the rack. I've never felt the column w/ the clutch depressed, must be how you have your foot on the pedal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had 2 manual transmission mk3 foci and not noticed this on either of them. If you want to experience this bigly, go test drive a Dodge Dart, the gas pedal, brake, pedal, and steering wheel clunk when you push the clutch to the floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts