Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my spark plugs a couple months back, i replaced the perfectly functioning ones with Motorcraft plugs. I didn't check the gap since most of the reviews were like "they're good factory gapped" so 2 months later approx, i'm having stuttering issues on heavy load, uphill, from dead stop. I hit 30 miles on 2000+ RPM, and i can tell it's not normal when every car has to go around me coz i take forever to speed up, the rpm fluctuates until i've reached cruising speed and let go off the gas. Gas mileage has reduced on surface streets as well. I read alot of posts, pointing to the Coils. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the gaps or i could've installed the plugs improperly which is hard to do.
???? COILS replaced????

·
Registered
919 Posts
My Moto plugs came correctly gapped, but ALWAYS check. I would suspect that if they weren't gapped correctly it wouldn't have taken two months to show up.

How many miles? DCT? No CEL?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Moto plugs came correctly gapped, but ALWAYS check. I would suspect that if they weren't gapped correctly it wouldn't have taken two months to show up.

How many miles? DCT? No CEL?
Thanks for the info Saintsfins...
Thats good to know if the gap was incorrect it would've showed up much quicker. Focus SE 106K, Regular oil change 5K, with Synth blend.
Not sure what DCT or CEL means. Brand new to any car forum. I'm leaning towards COILS or OIL filter in the tank from what i've been reading. But the the new gen filters are good for life? or is that a myth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts