Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning/day,
My aunt gave me her old ford focus and she said to me the only thing missing was a battery. It had been sitting in her yard for over a year without anyone driving or even starting it up. So i bought a battery popped it in, the terminals were a little corroded so I cleaned them off. I go to turn on the power everything lights up, but the car won't start at all. The engine light and the brake light are on, as well as the battery and oil signs in the dash. The mileage just reads --- and the anti theft just flashes even when the key is not even in the ignition. I would just like some guidance so that I can tackle this problem head on. Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
116 Posts
1. Does the radio etc come on?
2. Is it in park?
3. Does it start in "N"?
4. Do you know how to check the voltage in the odo trick mode?
5. Do you know the car side voltage?
6. Have u tried getting a jump?
7. Is there a kill switch?
8. Did it have a factory or aftermarket alarm in it?
9. Is there more than one key ( if so try them all )?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The radio doesn't come on but its probably busted due to the fact that I see something jammed into the tape player. It's in park, and I tried to shift it to neutral but it won't shift to neutral. I checked the voltage across the battery and it was correct. Don't know about the odo trick mode or how to check the car side voltage so if you could tell me how I surely will do. There isnt a kill switch, and the alarm is factory. Unfortunately there is only one key, will call her just to make sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
you need to push the brake pedal to shift it out of park .
for the odo trick you
1. push and hold the trip reset button
2. while still holding the trip button turn the car to the run position.
3. wait for the display to say "test" then immedietally release the trip button.
4. press the button repeatedly untill it says "b 12.5" where 12.5 will be whatever your battery voltage is.

check the groud wires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help, will give it a try

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
When you turn the key does it turn but not crank, go "click, click, click" or give you nothing at all?

·
Registered
228 Posts
[idea]you should make a detailed signature of your vehicle....it helps us diagnosis your issue.....trust me[:)].....................DO YOU HAVE A 5 SPEED?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Foxy, turned out to be the ground wires, so when i connected the circuit everything ran properly again. Much thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts