1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Focus video

http://bcove.me/0m9qrkex

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests

Add it all up, and the Focus beats the Civic. Our winner nearly matches the fuel economy of the Civic while providing one-class-up levels of refinement and driving dynamics. The Focus has now faced every major competitor in its segment, and despite its transmission, it has vanquished them all. It is now our undisputed compact car of choice.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh .. .before I got my Car and Driver today ... I wanted to test the governor. It seemed to be set at 120MPH .... (done on a closed course on a track) but when I got home and read this article ... it says 122. Hmmm got to go find those extra 2 miles an hour! Back to NJMP!
heres how you find the extra 2 mphs... you get it up to 120 and just cut the wheels hard to the left or right and kill yourself for doing that stupid shit. and make sure you do this when no ones around on the roads. maybe around 2-4 in the morning

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres how you find the extra 2 mphs... you get it up to 120 and just cut the wheels hard to the left or right and kill yourself for doing that stupid shit. and make sure you do this when no ones around on the roads. maybe around 2-4 in the morning
A closed course!!!!!! Jeeze ... what is wrong with people. [smackbum] I guess you never took a car to the track

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no pictures ... but here is a picture of my track car.

The Focus will never be confused for my Roush Mustang ... but it some ways it is better!

But yes .. people hear and read what they want with out consideration for the facts.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I can test our SE 5 speed on an unrestricted stretch of autobahn... once It's broke in.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
^^Nice Roush.

Oh .. .before I got my Car and Driver today ... I wanted to test the governor. It seemed to be set at 120MPH .... (done on a closed course on a track) but when I got home and read this article ... it says 122. Hmmm got to go find those extra 2 miles an hour! Back to NJMP!
Please make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.[facepalm]

As for the article, it is pleasing to hear that the Focus has finally outclassed everything else in its' segment, but not terribly surprising.[thumb]

·
Registered
968 Posts
I wonder what RPM the Focus (5 speed) would be running at top speed? My Saab runs less than 4k @ 133mph (limited).
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts