Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I'm a new owner of a Focus 1.8TDCI year 2001, ghia ,115 hp.
I drove it on the motorway and while I tried to overtake @ around [:)][:)][:)] km/h and pressed the accelerator hard the car just nose-dived (lost power) flashed the glow-plugs light and refused to return to power before I stopped and restarted it.
While driving hard 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear - there are no problems - the car goes really quick through the gears.
Where should I start looking first? Has anyone experienced such a problem?

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Nearly all people on this forum are North American and we don't get the diesels here.

I'm not sure if the speed you posted is legal there but talk of excess speed isn't alowed on this forum. I edited it anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
140kp/h is the limit on the motorway here, so it is pretty legal. Is it really so bad in the americas that you are afraid of a forum post about a speed in some eu country?
sorry that I hadn't noticed it is a NA forum...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's about 78 mph in an 84 zone, not an unusual speed just one that's not allowed many places here.

Even if you'd downshifted & run into a rev limiter I doubt it wouldn't come back before a restart so I had no guesses to offer when first reading this one.

We do have members from areas with Diesels, but it might take a while for someone to see this that both knows more about the model & has a guess that might help.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
140kp/h is the limit on the motorway here, so it is pretty legal. Is it really so bad in the americas that you are afraid of a forum post about a speed in some eu country?
sorry that I hadn't noticed it is a NA forum...
It's a rule to keep people from talking about street racing.

Hopefully someone knows a proper answer to your issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts