Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what this is:

It looks like some sort of bleed valve similar to what you get on central heating systems. If I push it down LOADS of air/gas rushes out.

I am just wondering what you bleed with it before I mess with it any more?

The car is a Focus 1.6 petrol zetec 2002 facelift model.

Regards,
J [grinking]

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You probably don't want to push it any more, unless you don't need cold A/C. LOL

That is one of the A/C service ports, the high pressure one IIRC. Low pressure should be near the back side of the engine on the drivers side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AhHa!! Thank you very much!!

Yeah I wont be playing with that any more.[nono]

As the valve has nothing to do with radiator air bleeding it brings me to my next question.

I have an overheating problem and thought it might be an airlock and that valve was a nice way to bleed the air out. Similar to a central heating system... but nooo lol

The cooling fluid is nice and clean all the pipes to/from the radiator and expansion vessel heat up and there is no mayonnaise under the cap or the oil cap. Heating in the car works fine as well.

Would the overheating problem possibly be a sticky thermostat?

Thanks,
J

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It might be. But the more common issue is the "Cooling Fan Resistor".
On the US/Canada spec cars it's located in the middle of the cooling fans, I'd guess it'd be in the same spot on the EU spec cars.

Basically if you don't hear/see the cooling fan come on when the car is getting warm, the resistor is probably the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts