Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my PIONEER avic-f700bt in my focus. lemme know what you guys think and comments are greatly appreciated bad or good. also any advice on a better sound system for it. that will be my next step. Thanks [burnout]

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. yeah it took me a lil while to pick out the right in-dash to use. and finally got this one. works great

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i work for best buy i had my friend do it. He said it was a pain in the ass to do lol so i figured id let him deal with it. it took him pretty long to do it with this HU

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
^^^there's a module that can be bought that allows for the use of the sync still with aftermarket headunits, if you're worried about that. i saw the thread on here not too long back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
wow, that looks awesome... i was thinking about going for that same unit, post up how you like it!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
With the AVIC-F700BT it basically has its own "sync" system built in...Voice control of Ipod and Bluetooth...just cant use the button on the steering wheel

·
Registered
666 Posts
that was my concern.. i really want a new HU.. preferrably Alpine,,, but i would hate to waste the pretty lights in the original display.. and a clock just looks like a... well. clock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
naw my car didn't have sync. i figured i didnt want it since i had already had plans to get this head unit. and yeah this has bluetooth and sync capabalities. juss talk to it and it will change the song go to a folder whatever you want lol. this unit is awesome. makes my stock speakers sound way better even though imma have them replaced with better ones lol. but yeah the touch screen is definately worth it and it runs good. i hooked up my iPOD to it so it plays videos and everything. i would suggest everyone get one lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i paid 400 for the unit and 170 for the install at my job. the actuall dash kit was only 50 off of ebay so not too expensive. so it wasnt that bad. and yeah it stays sayin Ford focus on the display. im sure theres a way you can change it lol but ill try that out later.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
this is what i found, it should sound great in my car, perhaps yours too.

pioneer premier 6x8 ts-d6802r's for the doors and sides.
has a passive crossover built in. 60 watts nominal power to run.

two pioneer TS-SW3001S2|S4 shallow 12 woofers capable of 1500 watts max with 400 watts minimum to run. requires very little space pers sub so the box can be built rather small and still give off massive sound (one of these might be a bit overkill)

one pioneer GM-D8400M 1200 watt mono amp to run the subs. small and compact and easy to mount in a cool lookin spot.

and omg i want your hu!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i was thinkin of going with 6x8 pioneers. lol yeah u should get the HU its def worth the money. i was a custom box cuz i dont wanna have like a square box in my trunk lol so i found the stock sub that goes on the side of the trunk the one that comes with with the premium sound system for the focus and juss puttin a nicer sub and hookin it up to my HU with a small amp. it fits a 10 i think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sweeet... i was thinking bout putting in a in dash navi unit and and installing a rear view camera in my 08 too. but i have sync and i didn't want to lose it

1 - 20 of 54 Posts