Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So myself, redzx300, SilverBullet II, and shark111 hit up Mt. Washington today.

We were hoping for more people, but it was pretty cool anyway :)

We got a ton of pics between the 4 of us, and it was pretty cool that each of us was from a different state (New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, and New York)

We had a fun time heading down the mountain too...hehe. I was told by one of Silver Bullet's passengers something like "You don't usually see a front wheel drive car going sideways..."

I will say that that was an oopsie [albeit a fun one] :) I was bombing around a corner after letting shark get ahead a ways, and the car in front of him stopped in the middle of the road for no reason...mid-corner. Hit the brakes, and (since we'd been going downhill 4 or 5 miles already) I didn't really have any brakes until the pedal hit the floor, then the rear locked up and slid out.

Yeah, bit of a stupid move on my part but hey, whats a day without a little excitement?

ANNNND heres the pics!

The four cars:

Wheres the SVT!??

There it is!

Mountains...and crappy parking jobs :)

Shark's '06 ZX3

My '05 ZX3!

Me n' Shark are the centers of attention :p

RedZX300's turbo'd ZX3...still awaiting the fender flares for the body kit!

Me + Mountains

shark + Mountains

Yes I know the wheels are turned the wrong way...we were all ready to head home at this point and were too lazy to turn the wheels!

And now for the BEST Pics...you know I had to save the best for last!

My ZX3 with the summit behind it

Me and RedZX300 with a great view

Silver Bullet II's special mugshot...just cuz I cut you out of most of the pics lol :p

And one for RedZX300 since I uhh...pointed out your missing flares :) This one doesn't show them!

One for shark too!

And one more for me! Saweeeeet!

Whats everyone think?

·
Made In The USA
2,010 Posts
SWEET! I so wish I could have been there with you guys!!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
That red one is teh hawtness. He needs to paint his side moldings though[:p]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
NICE! so how was the road otherwise? nutty or what? ledggggy!! kinda freaks me out lol.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh, and that sky is freakin sweet! the air is so pure up there!

·
Registered
179 Posts
That red one needs a whole paint job. going up was real fun. but going down i just couldnt wait for it to be over. my ears still need to pop again.
let me know when the next g2g is hopefully the car will be more done.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i love those pics man! yeah, the popping thing is annoying. what did you think of the auto road itself? see, thats the good thing about washington, is how broad and flat the top is. other mountains i have climbed, like the one i did this week, is just a steep ridge....scary as hell, a gust of wind and you're gone! ur up over the treetops, and it's all open around you. freaky.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Damn I wish I didnt miss this.

·
Registered
391 Posts
wow, that was a long drive. i had to pull off half way home to take a nap in my car at a turnpike service area. well anyway here are my pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
can't forget about silver bullet II

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pics guys! And the popping happened for me after about 30 seconds on the way up, and at the same place on the way down. Once each way lol

The road actually wasn't too bad, although there were a number of tight spots with open ledges, and the road broken and crumbling on a narrow. Luckily we're in small cars and we didn't have to stop too often. Although, some idiots kept stopping in front of us on the way up and it's like uhhh.... 3 of us are driving standards!

The road at the bottom is pretty bad (on the right side), but if we could set up another meet for maybe next year on a weekday it'd be sweet. If you stay to the left on the way up it's pretty smooth.

Definitely something I want to do again, next year. Be cool to make it a yearly meet?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Nice Guys! I'm gonna move this to the showroom.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WitchCity it's too bad you missed out. We didn't stand out very much without a Comp Orange around :D

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Oh sweet... I love Mountians

·
Registered
391 Posts
i know its quite a drive but what would you guys think about doing somthing like this at niagara falls, thats a natural wonder too. i would even have more mods at that point.

·
Registered
391 Posts
yeah this was alot of fun, all accept the "pop off!!" part. ah, good times with that guy

1 - 20 of 73 Posts