Focus Fanatics Forum banner

should this event happen on May 16th or may 23rd?

• May 16th

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • May 23rd

Votes: 5 71.4%
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the meet at Mt. Washington, which I attended to get to know some of the poeple on the northeast forum, I had the idea of starting plans for a meet to happen in Western New York. There are some fanatics around here, but so little happens so they lost interest and stopped trying to setup meets.

Niagara Falls is a great location, the only thing is, you will need a passport. The American side of the falls is great and all[shameful] , but if you want to enjoy your time in Niagara Falls, you need to cross the boarder. I want to try to set up the meet to actualy happen in canada, so I'm also extending an invite to the Foci of Canada too.

Some of us have already talked about this meet on another thread and have decided to plan for this meet to happen in spring of 2009 maybe May 9th, which gives us plenty of time to plan. I just need to know who would like to go, it would make the planning go smoothly. Also let me know what you guys think of this plan, and if you have any questions, or need directions to Niagara Falls, I'm very familior with the whole area, and could answer any questions.

I'm also extending this invitation to the foci of PA, OH and all others near by. the exact meeting location before we cross the boarder will be planned out about a month before the g2g. Keep in mind, this meet is intended for all foci modded and unmodded alike. unmodded can learn more about what kind of mods would be good for their foci, and modded can just show off what they got. Hope to see you there.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I'd love to go but I dunno if my car will be running by then :/
I just bought a 2000 Focus wagon with a blown motor not realizing the interior is a disaster (dropped 50% deposit on the wagon before I even had the keys LOL)

Yeah there was to many in family wars on whos gettin the Focus so I just bought my own for $700... hopefully with the help of the forums I can get the beast running again.. I just need to sell off my old car first so I can park the focus at home to work on it

Lets see probably will have to do a 3 time vacuum 3 time shampoo, and one heck of a detail job, get the driver seat fixed (Previous owner snapped the rear support on both sides), HVac Bezel, ATX shifter plate bezel, passenger side fender and alot of manhours on that abused and neglected Zetec thats got more rust on it then all my cars put together other then that the rest of the car is in very decent shape.. I bought a pair of headlight restore kit's for each car. uhhh alot of work but will be worth it when its done :)

:) My Twins LOL ( P.S. Both are mine the one on the right is the one I just purchased)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too bad its a ztec, because i was going to do some upgrades to my duratec and i would have parts left over. but yeah if you get the one on the right opperational that would be great. did you think of buying new headlights? i mean restoreing is good but new would mean they give your car a certain shine. to me the headlights give the car most of its character. i dono there are many options open for your year, mine on the other hand (2006) there are not many parts out for me.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
heheh yeah but it hit me.. there twins.. there made 29 days apart from the same plant same line ( eh I call em twins ) its rare enough to drive down the street see a focus nearly identical to you and find out the owner abandoned it at the garage without paying..
so I spoke to the garage owner told him the steps of getting the ownership transferred to him and he sold it to me pretty cheap actually.. $400 for the car and $300(technically $304.13) but he rounded it off
I knew I wanted a Gold Focus wagon just like the first one I got but never thought I would end up buying one near identical to mine

yeah I thought of buying new headlights but that would mean 2 sets to keep the pair looking the same and I used the restore kit on my old Aerostar's plastic lenses and did an amazing job.. to bad my dad lost control at 105 spun it and backed it Semi-sideways into a telephone pole ( he walked away ) oddly enough the van was still driveable and drove straight)
This is why im a hardcore ford fan.. My family has had alot of Fords and alot have been totaled everyone's has walked away pretty much unscathed
(RIP, 1995-1998 Ford Aerostar Sport EXT)

if I could find 2 sets of near new headlights I will probably grab em but from what Ive encountered in the past, seen around and saw first hand was aftermarkets look cheezy even the so called douplicates always have a flaw and after I saw a metallic blue 03 focus hatch with aftermarket lights I nearly snorted coffee.... his headlights ( which were aftermarket cuz I asked) didn't fit properly.. the housing was larger then the stock so he slammed the hood shut causing a very small but noticable gullwing effect on the hood so nothing lined up

The passenger turnsignal housing was busted when my dad and a deer went head to head the deer lost and so did my dad when he found out the cover was like $400 bux LOL ( actually my dad got off lucky he didn;t break the headlight housing/cover)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Anyways, back on topic...

Next spring would be awesome. We'll have to figure out a date when we get a little closer, but I'm hoping to be Turbo'd by then. Will make for a bit more fun, and I can show off the new setup. The drive would be awesome, cuz I'm going to need breakin miles for both the engine and turbo...

So yeah, I'm totally up for it!

Hopefully we can get people from all areas, and head in to the falls together from our respective areas. Like...The Maine Fanatics meet up with the NH/VT Fanatics on the NH border, maybe we get some mass guys up too. Same thing from every direction. Be nice to drive all that way with an entourage of like 10+ foci!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet, well if you two come up with any ideas for this meet im all ears. this is not just a meet this is also a time to see Niagara, i had an idea of maybe getting the whole group that is going free tickets to ride the maid of the mist, into the falls, and book rooms at the marriot by the falls. thats why i say i need to know who is going so i can get that setup.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey feral, what part of Canada are you from?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Mississauga Ontario Canada.. about 45 min from the falls :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet im from williamsville, ny just outside of buffalo, 20 minutes from the falls

·
Registered
868 Posts
X2 ^^^

salt=death!

·
Registered
26 Posts
[woot] Spring meet in The Falls would be great. You may want to think about March or April. The weather can be quite sh**ty this time of year. May would be a better time.[nutkick] Besides, my Focus comes out of winter storage by the middle of May.[neener]

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe may, becuase i think winter this year might last longer than normal.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah...may would be great, I'll be out of school the first week of may!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
:D Salt doesn't bother me I swap out my Stock Focus rims with $29 cheapo Crappy tire dupes that look like the Fords and I get my buddy to spray on some reeaaaaaaly heavy undercoating on my cars.. o_O thats probably whats holding my 91 Aerostar together and sorry Im not showin up at the falls in my Work van LOL Runs perfect looks like total S[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] salt ate the bejezus out of the panels and havn't gotten around to installing the weld on replacements..

as it sits Im really trying to get Focus Wagon #2 done but my Mods are hindering the schedule so I may just end up showing up in my Stock Focus Wagon #1 <.< >.> and no laughing at it I dun wanna turbo that car when I'm not the only one driving it hehehe

and just as a teaser, Im going for the first SVT wagon ( First that I know of Im not sure if anyone else has tackled it) with SVT body kit.. Im gunna see if I can get a custom oneoff made for the rear bumper since its got the dip for the back hatch

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i have to say that would be interesting to see an svt wagon. my aim is for a 2006 roush setup, only they never made a roush front end for a 2006, so i may have something molded that would look like a roush front end but different in that later model way that still includes bumper lights and foglights.

with in the first week of May might have to be the date than, since some of the foci are traveling long distances lodgeing will be made avalible. if we can get enough people we can get a group discount rate at any of the hotels in downtown Niagara.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thatd be sweet. feral, most of us have winter wheels, but don't want to be taking pictures in a great location with steelies or crap wheels.

as soon as I know my last day of school i'll post it up. last year it was may 8th, but i'm not sure what it will be this year. i can do it right after i'm out, but can't miss finals on the last week.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thatd be sweet. feral, most of us have winter wheels, but don't want to be taking pictures in a great location with steelies or crap wheels.
yeah, like i did in mt washington. but that was different, i wasn't about to climb a mountain in my good wheels.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here is an up date ill do weekly until the event (if the number of people changes): this is who i have so far and what country/state they are from:

SharK111 -US/NY
Tantalus -US/NH
Feral -CA/ON
redZX300 -US/VT
wintuk -CA/ON

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good stuff with the black focus wintuk, do you have pics

1 - 20 of 166 Posts