Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yes, but to clear all the codes I will have to mod my elm so it can talk with both the HS bus and the MS bus. I am trying to avoid the mod if possible.
I clear mine every time without problem. You would only need to clear MSCan if you accessed it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I did the global up/down change, very simple to do. Will the codes go away after a couple of weeks? I wasn't positive on how to clear the codes at the time and don't want to take the 5 minutes to do it if they are going to clear themselves in a timely manner.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, but to clear all the codes I will have to mod my elm so it can talk with both the HS bus and the MS bus. I am trying to avoid the mod if possible.
I was as well, until I watched one of the videos on ST Forums talking about Hill Assist. He cleared codes in Forscan using both the MS and HS bus. I will track down a link to the video later, at work at the moment.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I did the global up/down change, very simple to do. Will the codes go away after a couple of weeks? I wasn't positive on how to clear the codes at the time and don't want to take the 5 minutes to do it if they are going to clear themselves in a timely manner.
They will go away

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was as well, until I watched one of the videos on ST Forums talking about Hill Assist. He cleared codes in Forscan using both the MS and HS bus. I will track down a link to the video later, at work at the moment.
It should only throw a code on the bus you are accessing. Since we are not accessing the MSCanbus it should not throw any codes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just an update for anyone that is interested. I had asked if anyone had disabled DRL's on a Canadian car, and never got an straight answer.

Tonight, I tried on my car and successfully disabled DRL's as well as enabling Hill Start Assist. This was all done with an unmodified ELM327 BT (china crap) adapter. No read / write errors at all.

Also, before anyone asks, I didn't do global open/close because I only have an SE, no door modules, therefor it wouldn't work anyways.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Just an update for anyone that is interested. I had asked if anyone had disabled DRL's on a Canadian car, and never got an straight answer.

Tonight, I tried on my car and successfully disabled DRL's as well as enabling Hill Start Assist. This was all done with an unmodified ELM327 BT (china crap) adapter. No read / write errors at all.

Also, before anyone asks, I didn't do global open/close because I only have an SE, no door modules, therefor it wouldn't work anyways.
What settings did you change? I wonder if it's possible to enable the parking lights as DRL's, like the Canadian ST3's have now.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Been looking on the ST forums. Bought a elm327 cable to hopefully do the global open mod and get rid of the dipped beam fault. Should both be on the HS Canbus so I should be OK.

·
Registered
510 Posts
What settings did you change? I wonder if it's possible to enable the parking lights as DRL's, like the Canadian ST3's have now.
I will check some time for exact settings, I just changed to the setting's with halogen (standard) option.

EDIT. Just checked, I changed opt. #16 to "Without DRL (Standard light). I also changed opt. 17 to "Without dimmed Dipped Headlights" as I am planning on doing a retrofit on my car in the coming weeks. [thumb]

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just did the global open/close and my moonroof does not open or close. The fusion that I messed with will vent the moonroof and close it. Mine does nothing.

I used the following setting
Global open/close doors and sunroof

Do I need to use
Global open/close (B-Max)

If it does not work with that setting I do not want to do another change. Just kind of a pain as when I use my windows I will use the passenger windows along with the moonroof as a vent to circulate a lot of air.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I keep hearing about people enabling Hill Start Assist. Wasn't this a TSB a LONG time ago? I've had mine since they started the stupid creeping when you take your foot off the brake.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I keep hearing about people enabling Hill Start Assist. Wasn't this a TSB a LONG time ago? I've had mine since they started the stupid creeping when you take your foot off the brake.
I think most if not all the cars on this thread that enabled HSA were three pedal cars. It seems like it's a way more common feature on the DCTs.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I just did the global open/close and my moonroof does not open or close.
Yeah, I don't think it's possible on our cars via software only as the moonroof switch isn't wired to work that way as it is on the Fusion.

AFAIK, either global open setting will work, but neither will open the moonroof.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yeah, I don't think it's possible on our cars via software only as the moonroof switch isn't wired to work that way as it is on the Fusion.

AFAIK, either global open setting will work, but neither will open the moonroof.
You are correct. Both options will work but nothing with the sunroof.

161 - 180 of 1376 Posts