Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1371 Posts

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
I wonder what the difference is between Headlight type "HID" and "Alternative HID". Does HID mean factory lights and alternative = aftermarket?
Does either disable the pwm controlling low-beam bulb?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate it...
No problem!

Enabling hill start assist on 2013 Focus SE: http://youtu.be/g_AZBrCcuxs

You're probably fine without a modified adapter since ABS is on the high speed CAN and you should be able to clear its codes without using the medium speed CAN. I just like to clear all the codes each time I change stuff.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Anyone enable Start/Stop? That'd be an interesting feature for you auto guys to enable.

You got it backwards.
The purpose for much of the configuration data is to "tell the computers" about the car.
For example, you don't instantly get HIDs or a 10 speaker stereo system simply because you programmed it into the BCM.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I apologize in advance if this is covered in this thread. I just did not read the whole thing.

Is there a way to enable a "gauge sweep" before start up?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi all,

Is it possible to get some kind of step by step instructions in regards of activating the Hill Start Assist feature? I watched the video and I think what you guys did is prtetty amazing.

However, I am no tech person and I could appreciate some kind of list or structure about doing this. IE:

What kind of cable/device do I need?
Can it be used from the factory to activate HSA?
Do I need a specific PC application for it (I guess its Focccus)?
Will it work on a Windows 8 laptop?
I have read some stuff about speed and soldering...must I modify anything? If so, what and how?

Again keep in mind, I am not a tech person.

Thx in advance

·
Registered
279 Posts
Does anyone know if an Ultraguage will clear codes at both HS and MS-CAN? I have an ELM coming in the mail Friday, but would rather not hassle with the switch mod just to clear out all the trouble codes caused by reading.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi all,

Is it possible to get some kind of step by step instructions in regards of activating the Hill Start Assist feature? I watched the video and I think what you guys did is prtetty amazing.

However, I am no tech person and I could appreciate some kind of list or structure about doing this. IE:

What kind of cable/device do I need?
Can it be used from the factory to activate HSA?
Do I need a specific PC application for it (I guess its Focccus)?
Will it work on a Windows 8 laptop?
I have read some stuff about speed and soldering...must I modify anything? If so, what and how?

Again keep in mind, I am not a tech person.

Thx in advance
If you have a SEL, you should have it? [scratch]

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Does anyone know if an Ultraguage will clear codes at both HS and MS-CAN? I have an ELM coming in the mail Friday, but would rather not hassle with the switch mod just to clear out all the trouble codes caused by reading.
If you download Forscan you can clear all codes associated and it is free.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Yes, but to clear all the codes I will have to mod my elm so it can talk with both the HS bus and the MS bus. I am trying to avoid the mod if possible.
I was under the impression that you don't need MS bus to clear codes. Can you not can clear (all) codes with an unmodified ELM? Are there MS bus specific codes?

141 - 160 of 1371 Posts