Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1361 - 1376 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can enable “Bambi mode” with focccus. Just switch the fog light value from foglamp us to just foglamp. iirc

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Yeah, it's value 02 which shows as unknown or not valid in Forscan. I had this on they tried to fail me for state inspection. I played dumb and told them it came from the factory that way, but I eventually turned it off because I didn't notice much of a difference.

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a way to use the fogs as DRLs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi!

I recently installed original backup camera to my 2015 focus with MFT. Now I'm trying to enable dynamic guidelines. It requires RCV lin connection and RCV should be activated from BCM. As I know, for F150 and Fusion 726-39-02 block is responsive for that.

I'm looking for a solution to make it on Focus. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went on Amazon and purchased this one, Eyourlife LED Headlight Canbus Error Free Computer Warning Canceller Resistor Decoders Anti-Flicker Capacitor Harness,Plug & Play,Fit H8 H9 H11 Bulb Types, 1 Pair (2 Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFZSFNX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_2tORAbT14KW6G

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FF Mobile
How hot do these run? I only have a Mac computer so I cant use Focccus and these might be a better option for me. Did you have to mount them outside of the headlight?

·
Registered
409 Posts
How hot do these run? I only have a Mac computer so I cant use Focccus and these might be a better option for me. Did you have to mount them outside of the headlight?
VirtualBox + Windows XP + Bluetooth OBD tool with MS/HS-CAN bus support + Focccus.

I have a Macbook Pro and have successfully programmed BCMs this way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not sure how hot they run, I just plugged everything up and shoved it in my headlight. Lol I check on everything periodically and everything looks good. Just FYI I still left the focccus settings that are listed to used alternative hid. I can't say that things will work as expected without this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
You can enable “Bambi mode” with focccus. Just switch the fog light value from foglamp us to just foglamp. iirc

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
this will let you run the foglights without the headlights on. but you still have to hit the switch, it won't be automatic like DRLs.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Can anyone confirm if focccus changes PCM/TCM strategies -- when making changes to things such as line #243
No it does not, on the BCM youncan change from manual to dct programming and vice.versa

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
120 Posts
so in a nut shell becase i want to go to bed, is it or is it not possible to have drl with no tail lights and half power on the 12 focus se, and more importantly

i changed out my oem radio with an after markit unit and now it throws a code ever time i read them cant communicate with what ever the radio one is. is there a way to turn that off ? so it stops throwing the code,

im useing the Axxess XSVI-5524-NAV adapter for my aftermarket radio. changed it because the oem broke. thanks its 120 am and my laptop is dieing 7% battery left night

·
Registered
2017 Focus 1.0 Ecoboost
266 Posts
I don't know about the radio part of your question but when I had my 12 I turned on drl and all it does is automatically turn on the headlights and taillights at normal brightness levels. I have a 17 now so I can't experiment, it already has drl's.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey everyone! My ELM is reading everything perfectly and its all coming up nicely in Focccus, but when I write to BCM if for example I enable "with global opening/closing), nothing seems to be different after the change. Any tips?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey everyone! My ELM is reading everything perfectly and its all coming up nicely in Focccus, but when I write to BCM if for example I enable "with global opening/closing), nothing seems to be different after the change. Any tips?
for global to work all your windows must be one touch up and down, which is only found in the ST and late model Titaniums. so if you have a S, SE, SEL, it will not work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
for global to work all your windows must be one touch up and down, which is only found in the ST and late model Titaniums. so if you have a S, SE, SEL, it will not work.
That's not the case. I have a 2012 SEL which has one touch up and down for all windows. I have enabled global windows using Focccus and it works. The defining factor is that you have to be optioned with one touch up and down for all windows for global window to work.

1361 - 1376 of 1376 Posts