Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I take it no one has figured out FoCCCus module programming on 2017+ without the error?

Yuppp that bcm unit is too new and focccus hasn’t been updated in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeing as I'm back in the Focus fray (picked up a used 2012 SE hatch this past weekend), my first order of business was the headlamps after being spoiled for the last 4 years with HIDs on my vehicles. Picked up some LED bulbs and immediately threw the "dipped beam fault", which wasn't that surprising.

I have a ScanTool USB OBD interface on the way from Amazon.

I'd like to do the headlamp type change, shift light elimination, and maybe hill start updates. I'll likely do these one at a time (do it - check / clear codes - wait a day or two).

1) for the headlamp type, I've read to change that to 14 "Alternative HID". Correct?

2) Do I need both Focccus *AND* Forscan to do these items or can I get away with just one?

Thanks for the help - this is now the third Focus I've had, but the first I'll be doing anything to.

·
Registered
504 Posts
For everything you need todo focccus will be able todo it

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yuppp that bcm unit is too new and focccus hasn’t been updated in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
So is everyone using Forscan for 17'+ or does that program not work either????

·
Registered
120 Posts
FORScan is getting updated regularly. Most of the Ford truck forums are buzzing with mods you can do with it. But quiet for Focus drivers for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeing as I'm back in the Focus fray (picked up a used 2012 SE hatch this past weekend), my first order of business was the headlamps after being spoiled for the last 4 years with HIDs on my vehicles. Picked up some LED bulbs and immediately threw the "dipped beam fault", which wasn't that surprising.

I have a ScanTool USB OBD interface on the way from Amazon.

I'd like to do the headlamp type change, shift light elimination, and maybe hill start updates. I'll likely do these one at a time (do it - check / clear codes - wait a day or two).

1) for the headlamp type, I've read to change that to 14 "Alternative HID". Correct?

2) Do I need both Focccus *AND* Forscan to do these items or can I get away with just one?

Thanks for the help - this is now the third Focus I've had, but the first I'll be doing anything to.
So, I my USB OBD adapter showed up earlier today, and I was able to get my son's old laptop up and running.

After installing my LED bulbs, I went through the flashing phase with Focccus. Changed #14 - Headlamp Type to 03 - Alternate HID. Flashed successfully, and the lights are working. The "Dipped Beam Fault" still exists. Goes away when I turn the headlight off.

Is this something that's going to be there for good, or do I need to clear codes? Forscan?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only solution I found to this problem with my led headlight bulbs was to use an canbus error canceller.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah I flashed the recommended settings with focccus but the warning still came up. I left those settings and added the warning canceller. After this everything worked great with no issues.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Where did you get the warning canceller...I just had my 2013 flashed with focus...I still get bulb fault when lights turn on in auto mode

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ended up reverting to the best Halogen bulbs I could find.

I know, the bulbs I purchased were meant for "off-road applications only", but I was hoping I could get at least SOME semblance of a legal beam pattern. Nah - it was like a spotlight. Zero cutoff. No amount of aiming could resolve it.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the fog lamps on 100% of the time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
F150 and Superduty guys have figured that one out with FORScan (Bambi mode). Maybe looking up their values and see if they work on a Focus may lead you in the right direction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Now only if they made those for turn signals / brake lights. I don't want to be slicing in things.
That's the only thing keeping me from changing those to led. Resistors work pretty good but I don't think it's worth the hassle.

·
Registered
504 Posts
F150 and Superduty guys have figured that one out with FORScan (Bambi mode). Maybe looking up their values and see if they work on a Focus may lead you in the right direction.

You can enable “Bambi mode” with focccus. Just switch the fog light value from foglamp us to just foglamp. iirc

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I ended up reverting to the best Halogen bulbs I could find.

I know, the bulbs I purchased were meant for "off-road applications only", but I was hoping I could get at least SOME semblance of a legal beam pattern. Nah - it was like a spotlight. Zero cutoff. No amount of aiming could resolve it.

My LED were great, same pattern as OEM just brighter, I had freinds drive in front of me and oncoming to me and they said lights were fine, not blinding or lots of scatter..I did lower the beams slightly...make sure leds are orientated left to right, not up and down..I have Kensun brand off amazon, more expensive set about $70 a pair

1341 - 1360 of 1376 Posts