Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1371 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
So how do you enable global open/close with forscan?
get a free extended license
connect to your car
choose the central configuration tab on the left
choose either IPC or BdyCM
and then double click the setting you want to change and change it.

pretty simple. basically the same as focccus just with 3 times the options that can be changed

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
It's funny to see how much research has gone into ForScan/AsBuilds/Focccus etc. on other Ford vehicles (Fusion, Explorer, Taurus, etc.) and very little on the Focus.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
It's funny to see how much research has gone into ForScan/AsBuilds/Focccus etc. on other Ford vehicles (Fusion, Explorer, Taurus, etc.) and very little on the Focus.
Do you mean "research" done by the developers of those applications, or by the car owners who are using them?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Do you mean "research" done by the developers of those applications, or by the car owners who are using them?
Both.

Currently getting the data to get the 4.2" screen to have a Rear View Camera. Back in 2014? I found that a European Focus.

Also reading up on 4.2" to SYNC2 and possibly upgrade to SYNC3. It's been done on other Ford's.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Both.

Currently getting the data to get the 4.2" screen to have a Rear View Camera. Back in 2014? I found that a European Focus.

Also reading up on 4.2" to SYNC2 and possibly upgrade to SYNC3. It's been done on other Ford's.
i dit it on my mk3.5 2015 focus se. its a matter of buying the components, building an extra wire harness so you dont have to cut and programming apim and bcm so you dont get any DTC's and make camera and parkind aid to work. i could post some info in the near future since i havent seen much in this forum..it will take time to do so

Attachments

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
i dit it on my mk3.5 2015 focus se. its a matter of buying the components, building an extra wire harness so you dont have to cut and programming apim and bcm so you dont get any DTC's and make camera and parkind aid to work. i could post some info in the near future since i havent seen much in this forum..it will take time to do so
Thanks for the info!

I've been pulling up a lot of asbuilt files and a lot of resources from other cars within the Ford line up. Rather interesting that they are similar.

There is even SYNC2 to SYNC3 conversions. Of course there was a lot of people who decided to profit off the free research and sell $$$$$ kits.

Thankfully a lot of that free info is still out there.

Right now looking to get HD/Sirius + Rear Camera working on the 4.2" screen.

4.2" screen to SYNC3 might be a little extreme :p I probably have 50 tabs open from all different websites pulling data together. [giddy]

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey wondering if this will work with focccus and forscan, the ad says it does but wondering if anyone has tried one out.

ww.ebay.ca/itm/USB-Modified-OBD2-ELM327-For-Ford-MS-CAN-HS-CAN-Mazda-Forscan-Diagnostic-Scanne-/122575172020?hash=item1c8a0cb1b4:g:f2AAAOSwIjJZVxbc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sweet can't wait to add rain sensor and global up/down windows hehe
Rain sensor is only available if the hardware is there (or you installed it yourself).

I think they only had Rain Sensor available in the MY12 cars.
Ya another post I read said get the sensor the upper and lower cover and then run the one wire to the bcm and apparently will work. Unfortunately that user never posted a guide like they said or answered my pms or responded to the thread when I asked..... so I'm hoping it's that simple if I run the wires and install the sensor

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Ya another post I read said get the sensor the upper and lower cover and then run the one wire to the bcm and apparently will work. Unfortunately that user never posted a guide like they said or answered my pms or responded to the thread when I asked..... so I'm hoping it's that simple if I run the wires and install the sensor
Sounds good. Enjoy! Love mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds good. Enjoy! Love mine.
Love the rain sensing wipers? I'm guessing you have a 12 or did u happen to install them, can't seem to find anyone else who has installed them to ask for advice

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus S, and I put a 2015 Focus S radio in my car because the original stopped working. Everything works except the the AUX port and I was wondering if someone with a Focus S could tell me what their ECU says their AUX is listed as should be number 123

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Love the rain sensing wipers? I'm guessing you have a 12 or did u happen to install them, can't seem to find anyone else who has installed them to ask for advice
Sorry. Never seen this. 2012 SEL, it came standard.

I have a 2012 Focus S, and I put a 2015 Focus S radio in my car because the original stopped working. Everything works except the the AUX port and I was wondering if someone with a Focus S could tell me what their ECU says their AUX is listed as should be number 123
Might need the newer USB/AUX port.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry. Never seen this. 2012 SEL, it came standard.

Might need the newer USB/AUX port.
I put the old radio in and the aux port works fine... So maybe the newer radio just doesn't recognize the old aux port? The ECU kept the same setting on "Audio auxiliary input" I wonder if changing that will somehow get the radio to recognize the current aux port.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I put the old radio in and the aux port works fine... So maybe the newer radio just doesn't recognize the old aux port? The ECU kept the same setting on "Audio auxiliary input" I wonder if changing that will somehow get the radio to recognize the current aux port.

Sent from my XT1650 using FF Mobile
That's correct. Same thing with SYNC2 to SYNC3. Need the new port. Simple to replace.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Replaced the standard halogen headlights in 2013 Focus with LED bulbs. Using FoCCCus, changed BCM #14 to "Alternative HID".

Is there a known method to get rid of the "low beam bulb fault" IC message at startup?

1281 - 1300 of 1371 Posts