Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I can almost guarantee that it won't work. The only way it will is if you have one touch up / down for all four windows.

To test for sure on your car, try to put the windows down with the key out of the ignition. If you can do that, Global open / close will work, if not, no go.
Yup, you nailed it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well damn that sucks.
Well I guess my next question would be what other cool feature could I look at possibly enabling?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
If you have a SE, there is not really much to play with.
Well there is you just have to work a bit harder to achieve it. It is possible you just actually have to try

·
Registered
510 Posts
What I gather from that is that if you were to get the door modules and one touch up / down switch controller from an SEL / Ti and installed them in your car, there might be a chance of getting global open/close to work... [dunno]

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
What I gather from that is that if you were to get the door modules and one touch up / down switch controller from an SEL / Ti and installed them in your car, there might be a chance of getting global open/close to work... [dunno]
And replace all your switches, and rewire everything. Other stuff like the puddle lights, turn signal mirrors, heated mirrors are all routed through the door module in upper trim modules.

The window switches between a door module car and without:

·
Registered
473 Posts
My dongle showed up today but my girlfriend decided to lay her laptop under her rocking chair and now the screen is shattered........ sooooo global open /close will have to wait :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dongle showed up today but my girlfriend decided to lay her laptop under her rocking chair and now the screen is shattered........ sooooo global open /close will have to wait :(
That sucks. In a situation like that I would lug my desktop out to the car. Oh and then I would have to get a VGA to composite video converter so I could use MFT as a monitor... but that's just me and my ocd.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
This might be a stupid question but when doing this does one need to have the car running or just be in Aux mode...
I believe AUX/accessory mode.

·
Registered
292 Posts
This might be a stupid question but when doing this does one need to have the car running or just be in Aux mode...
Key on, engine off. You do not want the engine running, but you do want the key in the on position so all the computers are awake.

·
Registered
473 Posts
its aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!

But seriously. It worked. Global Open/Close is the only thing I messed with. But, the other forum is working on enabling NAV~ and I am watching that closely as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone enabled fogs on a '13 se yet? I ordered the USB adapter so I can enable hill start and turn off the damn shift light.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Has anyone enabled fogs on a '13 se yet? I ordered the USB adapter so I can enable hill start and turn off the damn shift light.
Unless you wired it up 100% like it would be out of factory. Not sure this would really help.

I flash with my car running never had a issue.
Same. Running or in the "On" position.

101 - 120 of 1376 Posts