Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Never happen

I can just imagine the meeting Ford, or any car maker for that matter, when they discuss the idea of allowing customers to modify settings like this. The meeting wouldn't last two seconds before the lawyers stand up and say "no f'n way". There is zero chance that car makers, any of them, would allow a customer to use a third party tool to modify anything as it would expose them to huge legal vulnerabilities...

Brian
I thought that what Joeywhat was suggesting was for the carmakers to make it possible for customers to modify settings without the need for a third-party tool.

I doubt they'd want to do that either, though. Why give away something they can make us pay to get (via higher trim levels or option packages)? That would not be too smart of them, unless they could get that income some other way by doing it.

It would also be a real headache to manage the matrix of features and legal requirements by region, like where it is and is not legal to drive with only parking lights turned on.

Hmmm, never heard that before. What states? My 03 Savana uses parking lights as DRL's.
It's illegal in Arkansas. There may be an exception if it was factory installed, but it's been the law for years.
I believe that's the case in California, too. I don't think it has changed since I last heard that, but that's possible, too. It makes sense. Cars have lights for driving with and lights for parking. If only the ones for parking are on then the car should not be moving. That's what the other ones are for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It won't work on a SE or S. Does the SEL have one touch up/down on all windows? If so, it should work on an SEL because they have door modules that are still powered after the key is taken out.
My SEL has one touch up/down. I have a Bluetooth elm but am reluctant to write any changes...:eek:

I have a USB elm coming this week.

I guess if my laptop is close to my adapter then it shouldn't be too bad. I will probably try it when I get off work at 7.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Did you have the Hill Assist option in your menu prior to using this program? My 2013 SE doesn't appear to be "equipped" with it (yet my co-workers base model Fiesta does), so I'm wondering if this program will turn it on.
Nope, my car was not equipped with this feature from factory, now it is and it is selectable under driver assist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My SEL has one touch up/down. I have a Bluetooth elm but am reluctant to write any changes...:eek:

I have a USB elm coming this week.

I guess if my laptop is close to my adapter then it shouldn't be too bad. I will probably try it when I get off work at 7.
I can confirm global up/down works on my SEL!:p

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Has anyone figured out if it's possible to reprogram the fog lights to stay "active" on a 2012-2013 like they are on the 2014? IE, you don't have to turn the fog lights on everytime the car sits, they would remember the last setting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI: Adjustable speed limiter disables cruise control!
Found that out only after I left work and wanted to set cruise...button didn't work.

Also had a few communication failures while reading AND writing to the bcm with the BT elm. Although it scared me at first I was able to write it successfully without any problems.
I think the BT elm will be reserved for torque and DTC code reading.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Global Open/Close now enabled on my Focus. :)
Welp, I know what I'll be doing in the coming weeks...

EDIT: I was debating installing this remote start, but I'm going to have to reconsider since I don't know how it will play with my key fob if I have global open/close enabled.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287486

Maybe I'll get a different remote start altogether with a better range than just the oem fob.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Which key fob do you guys who enabled global up/down have? Thought I read something on the st forum that it only works on the push button models.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Yeah you have a point there, but its not like the tuner was made to do these changes anyway

·
Registered
292 Posts
Which key fob do you guys who enabled global up/down have? Thought I read something on the st forum that it only works on the push button models.
As of right now I only know of push button cars getting it to work. I can confirm it does not work on my key start model.

61 - 80 of 1376 Posts