Focus Fanatics Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1371 Posts

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
It has other devices then the usb to serial port in there. I dont have a ports option for some reason...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I see there's a selection for rear drum vs. rear disc brakes. Anyone know what that affects? ABS system? Stability control system? Wondering how necessary updating that setting would be if you upgrade from rear drums to discs. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I see there's a selection for rear drum vs. rear disc brakes. Anyone know what that affects? ABS system? Stability control system? Wondering how necessary updating that setting would be if you upgrade from rear drums to discs. Thanks.
Really good question.. From what I understand is that hardware alone is about $700 for a rear drum to disc conversation, if someone who knows more if the FoCCCus setting change directly affect a conversions performance, that would be good to know for those of us considering that move.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
So I got it working thanks for the help guys. I have another question now. Is it possible to use this to add navigation to a ST2 with MFT but no nav? I'd imagine you would need the SD card with the map info but not sure if you would need any additional hardware or if its locked.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
The rear abs system is in the hub, so it uses the same sensor, no Foccus needed... we have the drum to disk conversion listed on rebeldevil.com

·
Registered
205 Posts
The rear abs system is in the hub, so it uses the same sensor, no Foccus needed... we have the drum to disk conversion listed on rebeldevil.com
I did notice they used the same sensors, but I was thinking more along the lines of that selection changing the ESC or EBD's response when it's activated. Is it programmed to add more/less or earlier/later braking to each rear wheels based on the braking ability of a rear disc vs drum?

I figure there's gotta be a reason the option exists.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I did notice they used the same sensors, but I was thinking more along the lines of that selection changing the ESC or EBD's response when it's activated. Is it programmed to add more/less or earlier/later braking to each rear wheels based on the braking ability of a rear disc vs drum?

I figure there's gotta be a reason the option exists.
I honestly think its just an informational setting. There seem to be a few of those throughout the settings.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The brake bias would be different, as the rears will now add more braking force. So without changing the bias you'd be likely to lock up the rears

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is on the canadian version *poke poke*
however, on my '12, it also means that the headlight switch basically serves no functional purpose as the headlights and taillights run any time the ignition is on...
I have a Canadian model 2012 Ti and have the exact same set up. It drives me crazy that the headlight switch serves no function, as I have no way of turning off the headlights, even when in Park. My ideal set up would be to have DRLs on with tail lights off, and the ability to turn off the headlights.

Anyone successful use FOCCCUS to do this?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a Canadian model 2012 Ti and have the exact same set up. It drives me crazy that the headlight switch serves no function, as I have no way of turning off the headlights, even when in Park. My ideal set up would be to have DRLs on with tail lights off, and the ability to turn off the headlights.

Anyone successful use FOCCCUS to do this?
Sort of, I have a Can. 2013. If you change setting #16 "DRL" to 02 Without DRL (standard light) it will make the headlight switch do what it should. AKA, the headlights are actually off when you switch them off. This does however disable the DRL's completely...

As far as I know, there is no way to have the DRL's off only when in park.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Set it to a UK car, that's exactly the settings ours have

DRL's front on when engine running, rest of lights work as normal, DRL's dim to half brightness when you switch on park or more

Rear lights not part of DRL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Set it to a UK car, that's exactly the settings ours have

DRL's front on when engine running, rest of lights work as normal, DRL's dim to half brightness when you switch on park or more

Rear lights not part of DRL
Is that done by changing #62Brand from (09)Ford North America to (02)Ford Europe?

Anyone else try this on their NA car?

Do you know if it impacts any other settings? I don't want to be driving suddenly on the "wrong" side of the road :)

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
I personally wouldnt recommend it. Looking at the wiring diagrams show that the NA & EU versions are wired differently. EI: one pin of the bcm serves as a rear turn signal output for NA versions but as a rear fog light output on euro versions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I personally wouldnt recommend it. Looking at the wiring diagrams show that the NA & EU versions are wired differently. EI: one pin of the bcm serves as a rear turn signal output for NA versions but as a rear fog light output on euro versions.
I took your advice and did not make the changes. I may just play with the DRL settings and see how it turns out.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
For 2012, its unfortunately the way the car is wired. There was an american on this thread who turned his DRL's on, and thats exactly what happened. His headlights came on, but so did his taillights... Sucks, because I don't want my taillights on during the day, but its apparently an all-or-nothing system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sort of, I have a Can. 2013. If you change setting #16 "DRL" to 02 Without DRL (standard light) it will make the headlight switch do what it should. AKA, the headlights are actually off when you switch them off. This does however disable the DRL's completely...

As far as I know, there is no way to have the DRL's off only when in park.
Kept getting an "Error during loading VBF" each time I tried to change to "Without DRL" until I read a post that said to make sure everything is turned off in the car, auto headlights, radio, AC, climate control, even hand brake. Apparently you will get read errors if there is anything running that might associate with the BCM. Now it works every time I write to the BCM.

Now on to my next project, adding after market DRLs. Probably the vertical triangle ones in the grill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tried to use focccus today and when i went to read from BCM i get an error saying can't enter security into ECU, has anyone ever gotten this error before if so how did you fix it?
New to the forums so not sure if this has been answered elsewhere but I am getting the same issue when trying to read from BCM using 0.8.4 Focccus software, a modified usb ELM327 (set to H MS) and a 2015 Mk3.5 Focus. FORScan software works ok with the car and on Focccus on the BCM tab I can use the Get Info option so connectivity does not seem to be a problem.

I am trying to enable auto locking but not sure if there is something else I need to do before this will work? Could Ford have changed the ECU software and I just need to wait for a new version of the Focccus software? If so can I email the person/team behind the software to let them know of the issue?

Has anyone got this software working with their facelifted Mk3?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with TheHumbleGeek, there is no way to make a true DLR on Focus, at least on N/A version, cause there is no wiring for that. I'm not sure if Europe Focus has such an ability, I'm going to look on Russian Focus forum and let you guys know if find anything.
Regardless, even if true DRL are available on Europe version, it would require additional wiring for us, but most importantly, reprograming BCM too (if its the same as Europe one).
Even if you look at ST headlights, its DLR are running together with low beam...

681 - 700 of 1371 Posts